Chapter 26

Patient Kim Seokjin:

114 lbs

5'10"

Underweight.

BMI is 16.4.

Teeth marks on knuckles.

Dehydration.

Low blood pressure.

Bruises on arm, few weeks old?

Cuts on thighs, self-harm?

Irregular heart rhythms.

Anemia.

Electrolyte imbalance.

Diagnosed with an eating disorder about a month earlier.

----------

The clock ticked away. Taehyung felt his head start to hurt from hearing all the beeping machines.

"Tae, did you have anything to eat?"

Taehyung looked up at Namjoon.

"No, I'm not hungry."

He heard the leader sigh quietly and take a seat next to him.

"Did you eat hyung?"

"No."

Taehyung sighed, shaking his head. None of them dared to address the issue hanging over their heads. There was a thick silence between them; before Taehyung could talk for hours with Namjoon, but now, he couldn't get a word out.

"I'm not even tired, normally I get tired quickly, but..." Namjoon rubbed his eyes.

Taehyung nodded. He understood what it felt like to be too tired to think clearly but too awake to sleep. It was a strange place in between wakefulness and sleep.

"Will hyung be okay?"

Namjoon looked up at Taehyung in surprise. "Are you thinking that he won't be okay?"

The second maknae shook his head. "I'm just asking."

"He will be alright. He has to be alright."

"What if he's not?"

"Just-just Taehyung..." the leader took a deep breath and released it shakily. "...just stop. I don't want to think about it."

He looked away, his breathing coming out in controlled gasps. Everything about him was shaky. His hands were shaking, his voice was shaky; Namjoon was cracking, breaking apart from the inside. He had held it in for so long, but now, now it had burst over the surface. He felt so helpless seeing Jin suffering, but at the same time, he was too terrified to say anything because it might hurt the eldest.