♥ Chapter 23 ♥

After Jotaro and I reunited with Joseph, Polnareff and Nori, we went to go and find a hotel to stay at for the night.

"Here's your room key, Hiroko," Joseph said as he handed me my room key. "Your room is next door to Kakyoin's, so you can follow him up.

"Thank you." I smiled as I took the key from him. I turned to face Nori, only to find he was no longer in the lobby. "That's funny. I swear he was here a moment ago." I looked around the lobby for Jotaro to see if he knew where the redhead had run off to, but he wasn't around either.

"Seems like they've both taken off for their rooms," Polnareff stated as he came to stand next to me. "Can't blame them. They must be exhausted." The Frenchman glanced down at me and asked, "Hey, you got hurt because of that weirdo, right?"

"Just a few scrapes from when he threw me to the ground on a couple of occasions," I said with a shrug.

"Well, let's get those scrapes cleaned up before they get infected. Come on, I'll come help you."

Noriaki Kakyoin

As I went to unlock the door to my hotel room, I felt a looming presence behind me. I spun round to see Jotaro glaring down at me.

"Jotaro? What do you want?" I asked.

"We need to talk," he said bluntly.

"About what?"

"You know exactly what."

That's when I realized what he meant. He wanted to talk about Hiroko. He must have noticed that we were on good terms again since our talk the other night.

I let out a sigh and turned back to face the door to my room. "Okay, fine. Whatever. Though, there isn't much to really talk about," I muttered as I pushed the door open and stepped inside.

Jotaro followed me inside and closed the door behind him as I took a seat on the couch and crossed my leg over my lap and slung my arm over the back of the couch.

"So, what is it?" I asked.

"What the hell was that the other night? Just what the hell are you trying to do?" Jotaro growled.

"What?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I saw you and Hiroko last night in the lobby. I saw that little kiss you two shared. You're playing with her emotions, and I don't like it."

He saw us? He must have heard me playing the piano last night and left his room to investigate and saw me and Hiroko talking about the events that happened between her and Jotaro yesterday.

"Jotaro. I'm not playing with Hiroko's emotions." I frowned up at the delinquent. "She told me what happened and explained her situation."

"What situation?" Jotaro's expression softened slightly as he raised an eyebrow.

"Look, as you're probably aware; Hiroko likes me, and she also likes you. The situation she's facing is that she doesn't want to make a decision that will leave one of us hurt."

"Well, there's clearly no decision to be made there. I've stuck beside her when you acted like a dick towards her for no apparent reason."

"I acted like a dick towards her because I saw you and her kiss," I corrected him. "I was hurt from what I saw and was led to believe that Hiroko had lied about her feelings towards me. And besides, you weren't exactly nice to her when we started this journey, so I guess that makes two of us."

The room filled with silence as Jotaro took in my explanation. He slowly pulled the brim of his hat over his eyes and muttered, "Yare, yare..."

I uncrossed my legs and stood up from the couch. "Trust me, I don't want either of us to get hurt from a decision like that. The amount of hurt I felt yesterday was enough."