♥ Chapter 33 ♥

We all had finally made it to Egypt, and we were waiting in the middle of a desert. Joseph told us we were getting an extra member to our group that will be a benefit to us when it comes to the final leg of the journey.

"So, how long has this been going on for?" Joseph asked.

"That doesn't matter," I said with a roll of my eyes as I took my jacket off and threw it into the back of the buggy.

"Okay, then why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I knew you were going to ask so many questions." I huffed as I spun round to face him and leaned against the side of the buggy.

"Okay, okay, just one more question and I'll stop," Joseph pleaded.

"No. We're dropping this subject, now." I pushed myself off the buggy as I noticed a helicopter heading towards us. "Anyway, it looks like they're here," I said as I nodded over to the helicopter.

Joseph's gaze followed mine and his expression changed to a serious one.

Once the helicopter had landed, we all made our way over to it as the pilots climbed out.

"It's my turn to ask the questions, now. You said that this new ally of ours will be a great benefit to our team; how is that exactly? Are they a Stand user like us?" I asked.

"Yes, that's right. And his Stand is represented by the card known as the Fool," Joseph explained.

"Wait, the Fool? Sounds like a pretty dumb card in my opinion," Polnareff scoffed.

"You should count your blessings that he's on our side. You can't beat him," Avdol said as he glanced over his shoulder at the Frenchmen before moving his gaze back to the helicopter.

"Is he really that strong?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

Joseph and Avdol hummed in agreement as one of the pilots in a grey Speedwagon Foundation uniform made his way over to us. As soon as the pilot saw Joseph, he nodded his head in greeting.

"Mr. Joestar, it's good to see you," he said as he and Joseph shook hands.

"Thank you for bringing him all the way here. It must have been rough."

A second man joined us who was also wearing a grey Speedwagon Foundation uniform. Jotaro's gaze flickered between both of the men. "So, which one of you is it? Who's the Stand user?" He asked.

Both men turned their heads to look at the delinquent and didn't say anything.

"Well? Are you going to answer me or not?" Jotaro looked over at the man that came over to us first. "Is it you?"

"No, sir. Neither of us is the user. He's in the back," the pilot said as he pointed to the back of the helicopter whilst the other pilot made his way to the back of the helicopter and slid open the door. As soon as the door opened, all we could see was an empty seat with a crumpled-up blanket on top.

"I... Don't see anyone." I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"No, he's there," the pilot said as he glanced down at me.

"Hey, hey, hey! Cut it out! Come on, quit joking around." Polnareff pushed through us and walked over to the helicopter. "What's the deal? Is the guy really short of something?" He asked as he stuck his head inside the back of the helicopter. "Come out, come out, wherever you are." The Frenchman started feeling around the seat and pulled his hand out as soon as he felt something slimy on the seat. I cringed at the sight of him rolling the slimy stuff between his fingers. Polnareff glanced over at us and asked, "Hey, what's this sticky stuff?"