Chapter 34

"What the FUCK!" I yell at the ash haired man before me.

He has a big grin on his face, it is mostly covered by the fucking hand in front of his face but I am still annoyed by the smile. Shigaraki had sought me out to pick a fight, because of this I know they had figured out my identity.

It had just been me and Shigaraki fighting but I hear new voices appear and recognised them as my classmates and Aizawa. It seemed they were getting threatened in a way that forced them to stay still and not act out. Forcing them to just be there and not fight or escape.

"Vivid!"

"Hey...Eraser!" I call back trying to sound a little playful but Shigaraki was actually trying his hardest to attack me and it was taking a lot of my attention to not get touched by him. If he managed to get five fingers to touch me he could activate his quirk and I was not going to make it easy for him.

There must be something behind this sudden attack and why my classmates were here but I wasn't going to get close enough to ask, suddenly Shigaraki stops his onslaught of attacks and we land away from each other. I land in front of my classmates and teacher.

Shigaraki's grin widens, somehow and I scowl.

"are you all wondering why I brought you all here?" he asks.

"fucking course I am, they have nothing to do with the fight between you and me." I yell.

"really, are you sure about that?" Shigaraki asks. A small tingle runs down my spine.

He knows...

"I am sure they'd want to know who you really are."

I slide my eyes around the building and force my attention to spread out. I didn't want to be caught off guard.

That is exactly what happened though, when a hand shoots out from a suddenly appearing portal and grabbed my mask.

I have to quickly close my eyes as the lights around me got harsher. My mask had lenses that made everything darker, spending most of my life living in the dark made it harder for my eyes to adjust to bright lights. I blink through the white spots and immediately reach up and feel no mask. I was still facing away from my classmates though, thankfully.

Another hand shoots out and brushes against my cheek, barely touching me as I jump away now alert to what to expect.

That hand was different to Shigaraki's. The next time I look over to Shigaraki all I see is a short Nomu. I blink and shake my head to clear the image and then snarl.

"are you trying to use my fears against me?" I asks. My voice no longer getting changed by my mask. I hears a few gasps and comments on how young I sound and a few mummers about how I sounded familiar.

"yes." was my response. I grab my knives and holds them tightly.

"it won't work, what I see right now makes me more alert and ready to fight, more importantly, to kill."

"let's see you try, hero wannabe!" Shigaraki screams racing towards me. I jump away to dodge him and he flys past me. I bring my knife down into his back and he screams. I pull away and run over to him forcing him against a concrete pillar. Even if he still looked like a Nomu I could see the fear in his eyes when he realised his mistake.

Suddenly I no longer see a Nomu, I see Shigaraki.

"Turing that quirk off won't change much." I say.

"you want to be a hero, heroes don't kill." Shigaraki says fear etched into his voice.

"I'm not a hero." I say holding my knife to his throat so he doesn't move. "I'm a vigilante, we're more extreme, also, your death has been my goal all along."

"but...but..." Shigaraki seemed stuck with what to say with a knife to his throat and a small flame of happiness appears in my chest.

"I did try to think of another option, a way to keep you alive but achieve my goal as well but for that to happen I'd need AFO dead, you are a stupid boy, planning this when he is in prison, he's locked up, unable to help and with you, his successor dead he has no way to go ahead with his plan."

Shigaraki was now realising his mistake but, too little too late.

"you can't kill me." he gloats. "you haven't killed anyone before, heroes always chicken out."

Shigaraki looks into my eyes and then falters.

"does it look like I'm going to hesitate?" I ask "you really think I'd plan on killing you without the resolve?"

Shigaraki starts to shake and I smile.

"Vivid, don't do this." Aizawa's voice was closer, which meant they could now move from where they were.

"Shut up Eraser, you cannot convince me." I growl pressing the knife closer to Shigaraki's neck.

I put my attention back onto Shigaraki.

"also, you wont be the first." Shigaraki and Aizawa understood what that meant "but, you will be the last, I made that promise and I intend to keep it."

I quickly draw my knife away from Shigaraki's neck and raise it up. I hear Aizawa yell at me and Shigaraki screaming and struggling to get away but that doesn't stop me. I plunge the knife into Shigaraki's heart and the room falls silent.

I let Shigaraki go and he slides to the floor stuttering. He was still alive but it would only be for a few moments more.

Aizawa's strong fabric scarf wraps around my arms and body pinning them against my side.

"No need for that, I promised that I wouldn't run." I say. The binding cloth eases and then retracts. I take a few deeps breath and got ready to see their reactions before turning around.

Once again the room was shocked silent. I look up to Aizawa who had stood infront of me.

I smile at him.

"didn't guess this outcome, did ya Eraser?" I ask.

Aizawa takes a deep, shaky breath and looks straight at me.

"Vivid...Izuku Midoriya, you are under arrest for murder."