Chapter 39

I knock on my classroom door and hear Aizawa call for me to enter. I slide open the door and peak my head inside.

"hi!" I say happily.

"Deku!" they all yell out happily. My friends jump out of their chairs and run over to me.

"Why are you here Deku-kun?" Uraraka asks.

"I need to walk around to get stronger again, since I am getting treated here I thought I'd visit." I say smiling.

"You got here okay?" Todoroki asks.

"Yeah."

I was looked at strangely and called a villain and murder but that was something I expected if the world found out I killed Shigaraki.

"Izuku Midoriya!"

I look down the hall to see who called out my name but I didn't recognise them. "you need to return to where you came from!" they came running over to me with their hand outstretched.

I understood that after 1A found out about my future memories other would as well, there is no way to prevent rumours.

At least not 100%.

The moment they grab my arm Kacchan grabs me along with Aizawa, Todoroki and Uraraka.

There is a sudden bright light and I squeeze my eyes shut, then there was silence.

I could hear nothing but a gentle breeze and smell nothing but dust and mould. I open my eyes to see nothing but debris

"Shit."

"Deku?" Uraraka asks.

"Shh, everyone be quite." I hiss.

"What the fuck!?" Kacchan exclaims.

"I said shh, the Nomu will hear us." I scold scanning the area around us. We were in the ruins of UA, right where we were standing before being transported here. I notice I was a little taller than my friends. I quickly look at my hands and feel my face and groan.

I was 33 again.

"Midoriya?" I turn to a very shocked Aizawa.

"yeah, welcome to the future." I smile awkwardly. "everyone needs to be as quite as they can possibly be."

I check my body and thank the gods I had my old equipment with me. I needed to find a safehouse, one that hasn't been destroyed and close by so the others wouldn't have to sneak through the horror that is the future.

There was a sudden screech and I quickly covered Uraraka and Kacchan's mouths. I put my finger to my lips and they nod, so does Todoroki and Aizawa.

"Stay here." I whisper. I make sure they heard me and that they would stay put. I quietly make my way to a broken wall to peak outside.

there is a winged Nomu outside and a very grim scene. One I do not wish the others to see.

The sound of flesh tearing and bones breaking reach my ears and grates at my brain. I return to my friends.

"Follow me and stay silent." I whisper. They all nod and I head off hearing them quietly shuffling behind me. I knew a bunker close by that wasn't destroyed or discovered by Nomu. we had stayed there for a few days before moving on so it wasn't discovered. At the time this area was swarming with Nomu because it is UA. Shigaraki wanted to make sure the safety of UA was broken no matter how long it took.

He succeeded.

After sneaking around for half the day we reach the bunker. I pick the lock and slowly push it open trying to make as little noise as I could. I quickly look around the bunker before allowing the others in.

"Okay," I say, sighing "we can speak a little louder now but not at normal volume."

"What the fuck!" Kacchan hisses quietly, thankfully.

"where are we Deku?" Uraraka asks.

"a bunker, we should be fine here." I have a better look around trying to find any kind of food. I find a few cans of preserved food and a sleeping area. "Hopefully the others from your original time have caught whoever did this and can get them to reverse it, weather that will include me is another matter."

"Midoriya," I look over to Aizawa. "Are you okay?"

"Fine, strangely I feel more at home here." I say. "there's not much food here for us, I'll go scavenging, I want you all to stay right here no matter what."

"but"

"no, I lived this, I know what to do to avoid the Nomu, how to kill the Nomu and where best to find supplies and food, you would hold me back and I would just worry, stay here."

"I'll make sure they don't follow you." Aizawa says.

"Thanks Aizawa, I'll be back soon."

Midoriya leaves the bunker and I immediately feel worried. I had to reassure myself he knows what he is doing.

"this is so weird." Uraraka says looking around. I look around as well.

The bunker looked well lived in but it was obvious they weren't long stays. The silence was maddening and everything smelt of dust and mould. I noticed than when we left the ruins of UA Midoriya made sure we didn't look back or around. He seemed to be stopping us from seeing certain things. After waiting for three hours I started to get extremely worried and I could tell my three other students were as well.

They were also probably bored. They had been quietly chatting about school and what would happen if we got stuck here.

I hear the door creak a little and I jump up grabbing my capture weapon ready to attack if necessary but when I see the familiar moss of hair I relax.

"dinner is served." he jokes gently placing down a black bag. He unzip it and starts to pull out canned goods.

"Midoriya, what are we going to do?" I ask.

"I would love to just stay here and hope things can be worked out on the other end but I also want to make sure you all get home, you're not meant to be here, Shigaraki is dead in your timeline, there will not be an apocalypse for you and so these are experiences you do not need." he says.

"what's the plan?" Bakugo asks.

"we're going to head to the portal that took me to your time, I know Sho blew it up but I'm hoping I might be able to repair it."