Chapter 3

Soon a month had passed and I was finally back into my vigilante routine.

I watch people pass under me from a roof and sigh. Not many people have been talking about me because I was really good at keeping hidden.

"I want to be seen..." I grumble. I needed him to notice me, not that I want to see him right now. Detective Tsukauchi had been assigned my case and I've been messing with him. At one point I told the crooks to tell him that I said Hi and mentioned my name, Vivid, so I wasn't given one I didn't like.

"hey..." I swing around to see someone in the shadows behind me. I quickly stand up from the edge of the building that I was sitting on.

"who..." I start. I quickly notice the long white scarf in his hands. "Well, Eraserhead." I grin, not that he'd be able to see it.

"you know me?"

"course, you're my favourite hero, number 1" I exclaim.

"well, step away from the edge." Eraser says. I notice that he was being extremely cautious and had his hand out ready to try and grab me.

"oh, do you think I am going to jump, I'm not trying to kill myself," I explain "Here, let's make this whole situation easier, my name's Vivid, nice to meet cha."

"Vivid? the vigilante?"

"that's the one, so, no need to worry about me jumping, I'm just having a break."

"Tsuki mentioned you."

"Tsu-chan did!, I guess I have been giving him a hard time, tell him sorry for me will ya?" I ask.

"why did you become a vigilante, why not become a hero?" he asks. I smile, always the one to want to understand the situation.

"because, I can't, I have a plan to follow and I will not stray from that plan until it has been completed."

"does the plan need to involve breaking the law?' he asks.

"Who says I'm breaking the law?" I ask confused.

"you're a vigilante, vigilantism is illegal." Eraser says.

"...OH, right, I keep forgetting," Nothing is illegal when the world has gone to shit "sorry but the plan is already in motion so I can't change it." I hear a scream in the distant that Eraser doesn't seem to notice. "well, people to save, see ya Eraser!" I jump to the next roof before giving him a wave and rushing off so he didn't have a chance to chase or catch me.

I met Eraser about five out of seven days of the week and each time he tried to catch me. I thought he'd be more about talking, I tried to make it obvious that I'd talk to him if he tried to speak to me but instead I had to lead him on a goose chase.

I also annoyed Tsukauchi a lot as well because I was giving all heroes a hard time, not just Eraser.

A few daytime heroes had heard of me and decided they'd have a better chance of catching me, at night, when they normally worked during the day.

They eventually stopped appearing and the only heroes I had to avoid were the undercover ones.

Even they started to give up as well, everyone except for Eraserhead.

I had two months until the entrance exams and at the moment, waiting for it was becoming tedious.

I wish I was brought back closer to the exam.

"Vivid."

"Hey Eraser." I sing out. I watch as Eraser wanders to the edge of the building and sat down near me, close enough to speak comfortably but not close enough either of us felt threatened.

"hows patrol?" he asks.

"Good, what about you?" I ask.

"Not much going on, guess that's a good thing."

"yeah,"

We fall into a confortable silence, until I notice Eraser staring at me.

"What's wrong, something on my face?" I ask.

"what's your mask meant to be?" He asks.

"a deer."

"deer don't have sharp teeth." he immediately replies.

"that's because it is based on a wendigo." I say with a small laugh. Eraser's silence posed a question and I understood what he didn't understand. "A wendigo is an American demon spirit, they say you turn into a wendigo though immense greed, by being possessed or by consuming human flesh, there are a few depictions of what a wendigo looks like but the main and most common is that of a tall, skinny monster with fur and a deer skull head and sharp teeth, it has a long tongue and reeks of decay and death."

"why'd you make that your mask?"

"because, the legend says their eyes glow and I've been told my eyes look like they glow in the dark and it's always interested me."

"makes sense, the first thing I noticed about you was your eyes." he says quietly.

"really?" I ask looking over to him. He nods and I feel a grin appear on my lips. "well, the first thing I noticed about you is that you look like a hobo." I watch as he scowls at me. I giggle before continuing "but I've learnt you're a good man, you've tried to get me away from this illegal path and onto the correct path, unfortunately I am not one to change my mind easily."

"I've noticed." he grumbles "you never did give me a real answer as to why you won't become a hero."

"I can't."

"that's all you say, that's not a reason."

"I can't because I failed all the exams and there was no way I could retry either, once I did it and failed I was set on that path."

"...I see, couldn't you just train and do the provisional exam, you don't have to go to a hero school to become a hero."

"I know, you also need a recommendation from an active hero and there was no way I was getting one of those without demonstrating what I could do and how do you do that without doing it illegally?" I ask, peaking at him. He looked at little shocked at what I said and then started to think to himself. "thought so, well Eraser, I'm going to head off." I stand up and stretch and Eraser follows.

"see ya?" I ask. Eraser simply waves his hand and I grin. "Bye Eraser!"