Event - Perception

"...Nishi, can you read what the question is?" Yamamura asked.

"Yes! It says 'What is the most common element found in organic compounds?'!"

"...and what did you answer?"

"Water!"

"..." Yamamura lets out a sigh of dissapointment, as Nishikawa lets out a laugh. The three Class A students were sitting, doing some reviews in their materials. They still need to keep their grades up when they get back to campus after all.

"...Nishi, when you read the word 'element'...what is the first thing that comes to mind?"

"Avatar! The four elements: water, fire, earth, and air!"

"...I am going to die of stress."

"Aw, come on Miki! Have some fun every now and then!" Nishikawa gives Yamamura a pat on the back.

...Well this is an interesting conversation I've stumbled upon.

"...Hey." I greet.

"Ooh! Tall guy! Good timing!" Nishikawa waves me over.

"Friend! Have you come to save me from the knowledge?" Nishi also excitedly waves at me. Cute.

"...Oh, it's you." Yamamura is as lively as ever.

"You three seem to be hard at work. Don't you think you should be enjoying your time at the cruise?"

"Oh, we are! But it's never too early to start reviewing! In a few minutes we'll be back to basking in the sun and swimming in the pool, anyway." Nishikawa explains.

"I see...You're studying Chemistry and Biology?"

"We're mostly just teaching Nishi. Those two are some of her worst subjects. Seriously, she can excel in math and physics but can't remember the first few elements on the periodic table." Yamamura grumbles.

"Nishi will not fall for your lies! I know not this...table filled with periods that you speak of! The Avatar can only control four elements, not 118!" Nishi exclaims while pointing accussingly.

"...I'm going to die." Yamamura facepalms.

"Don't we have perfect synergy, Ayanokouji!" Nishikawa gives me a smile.

"I suppose that's one way to put it..." The three of them are certainly entertaining. "You three seem rather close to each other."

"Yeah we are! Soon, we're gonna be close enough to start sharing pants or something." Did Nishikawa just say sharing pants? Is that what friends do these days? It seems I have much to learn...

"I did not sign up for any pants sharing." Yamamura deadpans.

"Nishi does not know much about...sharing pants...but she is happy to have three friends now! Not many people are willing to become friends with me." Nishi pipes up.

"Hey, everyone is willing to get to know you. People are really weird and annoying sometimes, but no one is gonna look at you and say no." Nishikawa assures the other girl.

"I do not understand what the human female means. Friend, could you please repeat what she said in easier to understand phrases?"

"I think what Nishikawa means is that you're cute enough that people would love to talk with you despite your eccentric behavior." I explain. I mean, I certainly don't mind talking to a cute girl like her.

"Yeah! You're just adorable!" Nishikawa nods.

"...Nishi's face feels very hot all of a sudden. She will be going to get more refreshments to make it stop." Nishi is flustered.

"Oh, if you're gonna get drinks, could you also get me a lemonade and a mocha?" Nishikawa asks.

"...Are you going to mix lemonade with a mocha?" I ask.

"You never know what's good until you try it!" ...Well, her drinks somehow end up pretty good whenever she gives them to me. I'll trust in her judgement for now. Even if it seems a bit...questionable.

"...Might as well get something for me too. Just an iced coffee." Yamamura says. Nishi nods at the girls before turning to me.

"You! Friend! Order now!"

"...Huh?...Oh no, I don't really need anything." I politely decline. Nishi's eyes narrow at me.

"...Order or perish."

"..."

"..."

"...I'll have a vanilla milkshake."

"...Nishi will procure this item for you. Please wait three to five minutes." Nishi leaves towards the stands to get our drinks.

"Uh, I should probably help her actually. Don't want her accidentally spilling the drinks and having to pay a lot of points." Nishikawa gets up and follows the other girl, leaving me and Yamamura alone at the table. From our previous interactions, she doesn't seem very fond of me. She only really spoke to me during that time when Nishikawa was feeling down.

"...So uh... I guess we should talk about something." I try to start up a conversation.

"Why? I have no intention of getting to know you." Yamamura immediately shuts me down.

"I see... Did I by any chance do something wrong to you?" I ask. At the very least, I don't think I did anything in order to earn the dislike of Yamamura.

"No, you did nothing of the sort. Do you believe someone needs to have wronged you in order for you to avoid them?"

"Well, no, bu-"

"Then I suggest you take issue with someone or something else. You are someone I can't read, and that makes you peculiar."

"...I don't really know what you mean. I'm a normal high schooler that managed to get enrolled in this school."

"That is the least normal thing someone in your position would say. I mean no offense by my previous statement. I just think that being near you may have severe lasting consequences. I am perfectly content with what I have right now, and I am not willing to compromise it."

"Why do you think that? Is it because I'm in Class D?"

"It doesn't matter what your class is. You are you, and I am me. We live in completely different worlds. "

"Your friends don't seem to have a problem with me."

"They have a clouded perception of you. You only show them what they want to see, because you are assuming the role you were placed into."

"...Excuse me?"

"...I've already spoken too much. Please forget everything that I have said." That's going to be a little hard to do after all of that...

"Nishi is back with refreshments!" Nishi and Nishikawa both return to the table. They sit back down, and I watch the girls talk about random topics as I enjoy my milkshake.

Nishikawa also mixes the lemonade and mocha into a new drink. Let's just say the results are...interesting. Eventually I decide it is my time to leave. The girls say their goodbyes, and by that I meant only Nishi and Nishikawa, and I leave the area.