1st Island Exam - Class C Camp

Since I need to stay out to keep an eye on Ichihashi's sleeping form, I might as well investigate my suspicions. Walking over to the girl's belongings, I found Ibuki's bag. Inside it, I found fundamentals that everyone would have in their bags... and also a digital camera? Now why would that be there...

Sighing, I returned the camera to the bag before placing it in its original place. I walk back to the boys' tent to grab the manual that states the rules we were given as well as possible things we could buy, before exiting and sitting against a nearby tree to read it. Ichihashi was still sleeping close by, but I made sure to keep a fair distance so nobody could get any wrong ideas.

Eventually, I heard the tent flap open as someone exited. A young chinese girl, Mei-Yu Wang, came out of the tent with a cute little yawn.

"Mii-chan-" I begin to call out while approaching her.

"Waaaaah!" She screamed in surprise at my sudden appearance.

"O-oh... It's just you, Ayanokouji...sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone to be awake at this time..." She quickly bows down with an apology.

"No, I should be the one apologizing for scaring you."

"It's fine... why are you up so early?" She asks me.

"I haven't really slept in a tent before, so it was really uncomfortable. The heat woke me up early, but..." I glance over to Ichihashi, which prompts Mei-Yu to do the same.

"W-what is Ichihashi doing out here?" She asks. I probably shouldn't tell her about Ichihashi's condition.

"She was already awake when I left the tent. We were talking for a while, but she fell asleep. I can't really bring her inside the girls' tent, so I at least tried to keep her warm with my jacket. Though I don't think she's very comfortable sleeping out here, so I was wondering if you could wake one of the other girls up to bring her inside the tent. I wouldn't want her to get sick." I explain.

"I-I see... I can do that."

"Thanks. I owe you one."

"Think nothing of it...You know, you're actually a really nice person, Ayanokouji." She giggles slightly.

"Did you think otherwise?"

"No, I've heard a few of the girls saying good things about you. Now I know that they were right." Mei-Yu goes back inside the girls' tent, and after a few minutes Onodera comes out.

"Morning, Ayanokouji." Onodera still looks a bit sleepy because she had to stay up yesterday as well.

"Good morning."

"Alright, where is she?" I point over to Ichihashi, and Onodera walks over and gently picks her up. As she walks back towards the tent, she turns to look at me.

"You...didn't tell anyone about what happened, right?"

"I didn't. I figured Ichihashi wouldn't want anyone to know about her problems."

"Yeah, I agree. Guess we'll have to keep it a secret from the others."

"Does Ichihashi do this every night?"

"No. She stays calm on most nights, but if she goes a few days without sleep, she'll start doing...that. She always tells us that she has trouble sleeping, so it happens far more often than you would think."

"I see..."

"Well anyway, thanks for keeping an eye on her for me." She thanks before entering the tent.

—————

After a short encounter with Kanzaki from Class B as well as some provocation from Komiya and Hondou from Class C, Horikita and I decided to scout out the other class camps. Our first destination happens to be the beach, where Class C resides.