Event - Volleyball Time - Part II

The rest of the match between Class A and Class D did not go well. To put it bluntly, they got absolutely demolished.

They could keep up with most of the Class A team just fine, but when it comes to the half-asleep girl on the court they were completely outmatched. Fukuyama's spikes were just too powerful. At some point, I was worried someone's arms would get blown off when they tried to block.

"Man, that was crazy!" Onodera wipes the sweat from her forehead as the rest of the girls stepped off the field. "At least we put up a fight!"

"That wasn't a fight, that was a slaughter." Sana grumbles. "And she did it while half-asleep too. It wasn't even close."

"Alright enough whining! Where's your fighting spirit!? Just because we lost once, doesn't mean it's over!" Onodera and the other girls' voice fades away as they exit the field. Well, except for two girls.

"You okay, Ruri?" Mori crouches down to paw at the other girl.

"I told you, my body was not meant for exercise... I was only in it to watch boobs bouncing, I didn't think we'd be playing against a cannon..." Ruri mumbles as she tries to catch her breath.

Now as much as I am drawn into watching Ruri try to recover after a small amount of exercise, I feel like that would look a bit creepy from an outsider perspective. I'll just wish her a quick recovery and be on my way.

—————

"Now this is an interesting combination..." I mutter.

"Friend! You simply must witness this!" Nishi excitedly waves me over to a group of Class B students. I've never really seen Nishi interacting with them, but I'm also not about to put any amount of thought into why Nishi does... well, anything, because it will most likely lead into a migraine.

My brain is simply not smart enough to understand the inner workings of Nishi. So instead, I shall focus on the other, more easily understood girls and pretend like the complicated one does not exist.

"Yo." Kozue salutes.

"Hi, Kiyotaka."

"Um... hello, Ayanokouji. I suppose you've already met this girl before?" Kobashi gives me a smile.

"Hello, Chihiro, Kozue, Kobashi. What other girl are you referring to?"

"Do not give in to the foul temptations of your sight balls' endless longing for the dark! Nishi stands before you in the same place as always!" Nishi tries to get my attention.

"Always? This is the first time I've come to the beach." I turn my head towards the outlier.

"...So you can see. That was not a very funny human joke, friend. Invisibility is a terrifying sickness that comes to claim us all one day. I was worried my time may have expired for a sixtieth of a minute."

"Uh... that would be called a 'second'..."

"Thank you for taking my place as Nishi's human interpreter, Chihiro." I say. "Anyway, yes, I do know Nishi. She's a good friend of mine."

"I see... she's a bit... unique, isn't she?" Kobashi sheepishly comments.

"Do you see, friend! The advancements of technology has finally resulted in cloning technology!" Nishi wildly gestures towards Chihiro and Kobashi.

"Oh, Nishi thinks you two are clones of each other?" I ask.

"Pretty much..." Chihiro affirms. Kobashi nods as well.

Well... they do look very similar...