1st Island Exam - Sabotage

At the start of the day, I received quite the rude awakening. Hirata was calling all the boys out of the tent, seems like a problem has arose. After a while, the whole class was gathered together. It seems that someone stole Karuizawa's underwear. This is not going to end well.

After getting a verbal beatdown and Hirata being forced to check our bags, I was appointed by Hirata to catch the culprit.

Later on in the day, another argument occurred.

"Men are not to be trusted. It's absolutely impossible to stay in the same place with them!"

"But there's a problem if the guys and girls decide to live apart now, don't you think? The exam is almost over. We're all friends, we must believe in each other and cooperate."

"That may be right. But we can't stay in a place with underwear thieves!" Karuizawa swings her head to the side, deeming the idea as absolutely impossible. Since the victim is Hirata's girlfriend, he can't refute her statement. Adding to this, Shinohara grabbed a branch and draws out a line in a patronizing manner.

"We believe the culprit is a boy. So we draw a line here to divide the area between girls and boys. No boys are allowed to enter our area." Shinohara proposed to officially divide our common living space.

"What!? You're treating us like criminals even though you don't have proof! We even let you check our bags and did a physical examination!"

"You may not have necessarily hidden it in your bag, right? Men are perverts, after all. Anyway, you can't enter the girls' territory until we find the culprit. So go over there." After saying that, they demanded the boys to move the tents. Of course, the boys weren't satisfied with this and objections were raised.

"If you don't trust us, then why don't you move your own tent! We won't move out tent and we won't help move yours either."

"Ah, I see! You can't stand the burden of getting caught, while pretending to help." Shinohara sneers.

"Don't use the shower either! I won't let a man who might be a perverted thief use it!" Karuizawa jumps in. It seems the unity we had built up completely broke down.

Feeling like the situation has become rather dangerous, Shinohara asked Hirata for help.

"Hey Hirata, could you please help us? For Karuizawa's sake?"

"...Okay, I'll help. It may take some time though, is that okay?" Hirata agrees. Being his passive self, there was no way he would refuse.

"Thank you Hirata! Good for us, Karuizawa!"

"Yup! Only Hirata can be trusted." The two girls nod at each other.

"Hmm...Although, Hirata could be the culprit." I heard someone mutter.

"What!? Hirata is not the culprit! What a stupid thing to say! Get lost!" Karuizawa immediately jumped in to defend her boyfriend.

"Don't make a fool out of yourself, Karuizawa. Just because he's your boyfriend doesn't mean he can't be the culprit!" The complaints were rising, but obviously they were ignored. Karuizawa and Shinohara had already seized the initiative.

"Wait. Can I raise my objection against all of you? Especially to you, Karuizawa?" In the middle of the cold atmosphere, Horikita spoke up and firmly faced Karuizawa.

"What is it, Horikita? You have objections to our plan?"

"I don't mind dividing the living area between men and women. As long as the culprit hasn't been found, it is prudent to keep ourselves at a distance from the boys, since there is a high possibility the culprit is a guy. However, I don't trust Hirata. I can't rule out the possibility that he is the thief, and I don't think he should be allowed to enter the girls' area while moving the tent alone." Horikita spoke from a completely logical perspective.