Ryoko Nishikawa - Un/Happiest Girl in the World

...

I open the door.

...

"AAAAAAAAHHHH!" Saki lets out a scream.

Ryoko sits on the floor, leaning against her bed.

Her arms are covered in fresh wounds, and there was a pool of blood around her frail body.

She has lost a substantial amount of blood, and she's noticeably pale.

She barely reacts to the scream, only slightly tilting her head up towards us.

Just like last time, there are bags under her eyes and tear marks across her cheeks.

"Heeeeeey...What's up, guys?" She weakly mumbles as her lips form what I think is a smile. She must be feeling lightheaded from blood loss.

"...Ryoko. You told me you would stop cutting yourself." I try to put as much emotion as I can to my voice in order to get through to Ryoko. Unfortunately, it didn't work as my voice stays as monotone as ever.

"Heheh...Whoooops...Looks like I'm a liar..." She lets out a humorless laugh. I walk over and grab her hand, inspecting the numerous lacerations on it.

"Careful, Kiyo. Your hands are gonna get all messy." Ryoko doesn't even try to resist. She's probably too weak to do so.

From my inspection, I can count at the very least 27 different cuts at multiple angles ranging from her wrist to her elbow. Most of them are quite shallow and wouldn't be of concern, however there are about 5 cuts that have gone a little too deep into the skin, causing her to lose a lot of blood.

"...When did you do this?" I demand.

"Just look. When do you think I did it, dude? Why's that even matter?"

"That's...so much blood..." Saki covers her mouth as she stared, horrified.

"...Saki, please go out and get something to bandage the wound." I order.

"...Huh...? S-shouldn't we call a teac-"

"NO!" Ryoko's yell catches Saki off guard, as she flinches. "Don't...don't tell anyone...please..." She begs.

"..." Saki nervously looks to me, confused about what to do. Without a doubt, we should probably call a teacher. Ryoko isn't exactly stable, and having the support of a teacher would greatly help her in the long run. However...

"...Do as she asks. Don't tell a teacher, just get some bandages and disinfectant if you can." I say.

"A-are you sure?"

"...Yes, I'm sure. On one condition...Ryoko, you have to let me tell at least Miki about this." Miki probably already knows what's going on, as she's seen her like this before. However, I don't think she knows the extent of Ryoko's downward spiral. Having someone like Miki around to help would definitely benefit in the long run to guarantee her safety.

"...That's...fine...I was probably gonna get found out anyway..." Ryoko mumbles.

Saki bites her lip, but hesitantly nods. "I'll...I'll be as quick as I can..." With that, Saki rushes out of the room. The door shuts, leaving me and Ryoko in darkness.