Ruri Ichihashi - Library of Ruin

Some people have danced with tragedy while others do not know how to dance at all.

And somewhere between those two dancers, there is a place that resembles ours.

You likely won't ever see it.

But some people have.

And you likely won't see them either.

Because their world faces a different direction from ours.

I hope you're happy, wherever you are.

-----

"Good afternoon, Ayanokouji. Your timing is quite good today, I was just starting to get bored." Ichihashi lazily waves at me from a table in the ship's library.

"Well, you certainly look relaxed if nothing else." I comment. She's leaning back on a chair, propping her legs up using the table in front of her.

"There's no couch in the library, so I decided to create my own. Although this desk is annoyingly elevated a bit too high. I'd give it a 5/10 for comfort and a 7/10 for accessibility."

"Is this how bored you are? Resorting to rating the objects of a library?"

"Do you want to know your rating?" She smirks at me.

"I do not. I'm pretty sure it would make me self-conscious if it was low."

"Does my opinion matter that much to you?"

"Well it doesn't...not matter?" The opinion of a cute highschool girl. I definitely put it in higher regards than the opinions of the influential people I met during my trip to New York.

"Interesting. So, is there a reason why you headed to the library, or did you just want to kill time?"

"I have come in here to stare at you for the next few hours."

"How flattering. Then, how about we leave this place altogether and find something to do?"

"I thought you were in the middle of reading that book? Are you really just going to leave just like that?"

"I'm just reading this because it was the first thing I picked up. I'm not engrossed in it quite yet." She closes the book and sets it aside. The title reads 'Classroom of the Elite'...what an odd book title. "So, would you like to get out of here and do something interesting?"

"Depends on what you mean by interesting. I'm fine with going out and getting lunch or something, but if you're going to drag me into a janitor's closet..." That would be even better!

"Hmm...no. Flirting is fun and all, but I think we should limit ourselves to just extremely suggestive talking for now. Just think of how great the payoff will be if we build up the tension a little more." She winks.

"...I feel like you're trying to lead me on."

"Well at least you get to go out and have fun with me, doesn't that make you feel better?"

"You still have not told me what we're doing."

"How about we go play on some swings?"