Ch. 8

Dahyun's POV

After what happened yesterday, I couldn't sleep properly. I fully committed to Sana and I's secret and just thinking about it makes me nervous.

We're not gonna do it. Just me helping Sana with hers and nothing else.

I opened my locker to get my books when a note fell as soon as I opened it.

I picked it up and started to read.

"You got any plans tomorrow? I wanna take you somewhere. Come to the student council room and let me know if you're free ;)

- 사나"

Damn, she has good handwriting.

I am curious about where she's taking me and I have nothing to do after school anyways so I might as well.

Although... I can't help but to think of something.

Is this... like a date? I blushed at the thought.

Or maybe she was just being nice?

Sana really had this kind of effect on me. I don't get it. I'm probably just someone she needs to forget about her ex.

Alright, fine, I do have a crush on her now. She just seems... so genuine.

I wonder how could Eunha replace someone like her so easily?

I shook my head. I shouldn't be interfering with their past. Though I already had interfered a lot.

I just walked towards our classroom and waited for class to end so I could give Sana an answer.

---

"-hyun? Earth to Dahyun! Yoo-hoo!" I came back to reality when I saw Chaeyoung's hand waving in front of me.

"Huh? Oh-!, what is it, Chaeng?"

"I've been calling you for 3 times now. Seems like you have something in your mind."

"Yeah uhm, it's nothing important." I tried to brush it off but she simply wouldn't let go without any honest answer.

"You've been zoning out since our classes ended, it can't be something unimportant." Of course she would notice.

I sighed and decided to ask, "Is it normal that I feel weird around someone or when I'm thinking about them?"

"Weird? What do you mean?"

"Well, it's just... I've been recently hanging out with this someone. At first I was so annoyed with them but now I feel like I always wanted to be next to them."

Chaeyoung gasped at my explanation and her eyes widened like before when she got an F in middle school.

"Girl-! You like that someone!"

Yeah, thanks for letting every students in the cafeteria know.

I noticed a certain someone glanced at our table.

Of course, the one and only, Minatozaki Sana.

Our eyes met and she gave me a smile. But I didn't respond because my friends would notice.

"Tell me! Tell me! Is it our student council secretary? Oh my, my baby Dahyun is not a robot! She can also feel attraction towards someone!" Chaeyoung fake cried while I just cringed at her.

It was a bad idea to tell her about this.

"Not so loud, you midget!" I shushed her.

"I won't 'till you tell me who the lucky person is."

"Alright, fine. It is the secretary."

Before Chaeyoung could squeal again, Tzuyu shoved a pocky stick inside her mouth to shut her up which made me held back a laugh.

"For the love of god, I know you're happy for our friend but please stop squealing on my ear!"

Chaeyoung didn't even bother yelling back at her after she finishes the pocky in her mouth and went straight to questioning me.

"How did you two hang out? I never see you with her ever!"

"Well, it was a secret..."

"Ooh~ is this because of her reputation as a member of the student council? The popular girl and the boring girl! What a love story!"

"We're not dating! She... She still likes her ex..." I don't know why, but that hurt like hell when I said it.

"So? You two are close, I'm guessing. Maybe you could make her forget about her ex. You're kinda boring, but you're pretty, not as pretty as Mina-ssi but-"

"Okay, okay! I get your point. But it's not like she would instantly forget about her ex once we hang out together."

"I didn't say anything about her forgetting her ex instantly. I was just saying, if you hang out with her and make her realize she deserves someone better like you, maybe her feelings could change."

She's right. Maybe if I made Sana forget about Eunha, she wouldn't have to be hurt anymore. I hate to see her in pain.

"For once, you're actually good at something other than art."

"Thank y- HEY! WHAT WAS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!"

I just laughed at her.

I now know what answer I should give to Sana.

---

After School

The student council room is still locked so I decided to just wait for Sana outside. They're probably busy meeting and preparing for the upcoming sports festival for the elementary and highschool students.

I thought I was going to wait for too long but just a few minutes after I got here, the student council members went outside.

Sana noticed me from the side and smiled and waved at me.

"Hello! Sorry, our meeting's just finished. Were you waiting for too long?"

"Oh no, not at all! I just got here a few minutes ago."

"Really? That's a relief! So, what's your answer to my letter?"

I took a deep breath to calm myself down. My heart has been beating so fast since earlier because I kept thinking about Sana.

"I... I would love to, you know, go out with you..."

I saw her face lit up like a happy child. I was taken aback when she suddenly pulled me in for a hug.

"I'm so glad! I'll pick you up tomorrow at dinnertime, is that okay?"

"Sure." I answered briefly.

"Great! I have to get going and catch up with the other members. See you tomorrow!" Sana patted my head before following her student council co-members while I stand here still, looking so stunned.

That gesture she made earlier made my heart skip a beat. My face must be completely red, right now. I could feel it heating up.

Minatozaki Sana... you're so full of surprises.

***

I'll probably update by tomorrow. This chapter is kinda rushed since I'm having a huge mental block 🥲

Q: Do you guys like the new book cover? (・∀・)