Ch. 19

Long Chapter ahead

---

Dahyun's POV

After spending time in Chaeyoung's house earlier, I went home looking at my phone with the picture of, what is potentially, Sana's mom earlier.

I opened the door and just as expected, there's mom waiting for me by the sofa.

"Oh good, you didn't went home with that Minatozaki child." I gritted my teeth at her 'greeting'. I love my mom but her attitude towards Sana is far beyond from acceptable.

"Mom, can we talk?" I asked.

I could tell she was shocked by the tone of my voice, but her facial expression went back to normal before she said, "Sure. Sit beside me."

I sat beside her as she told me to. I sighed, thinking about how I'd start to open the topic up to her.

"What's wrong, hyunie?"

I fidgeted on my phone before showing a picture to her, "Mom, do you know who this is?"

Mom's eyes widened as soon as she took a look on the screen of my phone.

"Y-you... How did you?"

"The real question is; Do you know her, mom?"

There's that look again. The look of pain and longing. Just who is Sana's mom to her?

"Can we not talk about this, Dahyun?" I shook my head at her reply.

"No, mom. I need answers. I love Sana, I'm happy with her! And I want to you to be happy for us as well, yet it seems like you're holding a grudge against her parents, causing you to do the same for her as well. Mom, just say it already..."

Biting my lip, I held back my tears from falling. I've never talked like this to my mother before. I could also tell this is new to her. But can I blame myself for feeling like this? I love both of my mom and Sana. Hopefully, they'd be like that to each other as well.

I heard my mom sighed. She hold my hand and squeezed it tightly.

"Let me clear it out for you; I don't hate the Minatozakis and I'm definitely not holding a grudge against them. Here's what happened back in fourth grade,"

Flashback

Dahyun's Mom's POV

When the first day of our fourth year in highschool came, me and my friends were so excited about it.

"Finally! We'll be in college soon. Just one more year!"

Son or Choi Eunchae, when she's still not married to Chaeyoung's dad, as you know was Chaeyoung's mom. Eunchae's also my best friend when were kids.

Out of all of us in our circle, she's the most excited to graduate, knowing that we're all be still together in college.

"We still have one more year to survive, Eunchae. Save your excitement for graduation day." Changjoon, Jeongyeon's dad, chuckled at her behavior. After Eunchae and I, she and Changjoon are very close, just like Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Some of us predicted they'd be together until Eunchae started dating Chaeyoung's father, Sanghoon.

"Yeah! Let's talk about what are the courses we would take in college!" Cheon Se-ah, Nayeon's mom, exclaimed. She's the happy pill of the group, definitely the most cheerful out of all of us.

"That's more like it. Definitely Business Management for me." Park Jiho, Jihyo's dad, stated. Out of us, he's the most chill one.

"Sticking to Culinary. You guys know me and my passion for cooking." Changjoon told us proudly.