Ch. 40

Sana's POV

I didn't want to leave, but I had to...

The day I left our hotel room, at the hotel we're staying in, was the day my dad fetched me in anger all the way from South Korea to Switzerland.

I had no time to lose, to say goodbye to everyone.

Even to Dahyun...

I already know she'd be upset with my departure, but I had to... for her.

I entrusted her to Momo and Mina. I know they'd be able to fulfill my, perhaps, last request.

I've arrived, after another more than 10 hours of flight, from Switzerland to Japan.

I'm with Itsuki right now inside their family van which is being driven by their personal driver.

She's currently on a live right now while I kept myself busy staring out the window for god knows how long.

"Yep, I'm currently here in Japan with my childhood best friend! Say hi, Sana-chan!" Itsuki told me and began pointing the camera at my direction.

Even though I don't have the energy to talk to anyone today, I put on a fake smile for Itsuki's fans and waved at them.

"Hi, everyone."

Itsuki's a brand ambassador. It's no surprise that she's quite famous.

She then focused the camera on herself again and started talking to her fans.

I just sighed and waited for this night to end.

We're currently on our way to the Maeda's humble abode. Despite my protests at my father, he still forced me to come over to have a talk with Mr. Maeda's son, Maeda Hiroki, also known as Key and Itsuki's brother.

I heard Itsuki just ended her Instagram live so suddenly which took me by surprise.

"That was quick." I commented.

"Yeah, Sana-chan, uhm... I saw your friend, Mina, watching my live. Don't you think Dahyun-chan's currently watching it with her as well?"

I found myself lost in thought at the mention of her name.

Is she? I wonder what she thinks of me right now...

Itsuki hold my hand and smiled at my direction. The action made me raise a brow at her until she talked.

"I think you should give Dahyun-chan a call. You need to tell her the side of your story no matter what her reaction would be."

Honestly, I thought about giving her a call before we even entered the van. But I was too afraid of how would she react.

"I guess it's worth a try."

I took out my phone and pressed her contact ID.

I took a deep breath even though my whole body's shaking from nervousness.

Just do it, Sana...

I finally pressed the call button and waited for Dahyun to pick up my call.

I was surprised that, after a few rings, she answered.

"Sana..."

I could feel the tiredness from her voice. She sounded like she had already cried earlier.

"Dahyun... I'm really sorry."

I heard her bitter chuckle from the other line, "I'm sorry, too... For ever invading your life. This wouldn't have happened if we just kept being strangers to each other."

"Dahyun, no, I-"

"Let's face it, Sana. We've lost. You kept saying you'll never leave my side but you never even put up a fight. And honestly? It seemed like I was the only one fighting for us, after all."

"Dahyun..."

I couldn't say anything and just listened to her. She's right... I was too weak to fight....

"I'm tired, Sana. You want to listen to your old man that badly? Fine. I won't stop you anymore."

Tears had started forming in the corner of my eyes.

I'm the worst.

Dahyun doesn't deserve to be with someone like me.

"I've decided to take our child into abortion. Please, don't call me again, Sana. Goodbye."

Then she hang up.

She didn't even want to keep our baby anymore... Fuck it.

Itsuki hugged me from the side as the tears I've been fighting the urge to let out has been a fail. They've escaped before I was even aware.

Not that it matters anymore.

I've lost her...

Crying wouldn't give her back to my life.

---

Dahyun's POV

"Please, don't call me again, Sana. Goodbye."

I've done it.

We're done.

"Dahyun, are you really sure about your decision?" Chaeyoung asked me as I clutched my phone against my tightening chest.

"It's for the best, Chaeyoung."

"But what about yours and Sana's child? Are you really going in for an abortion?" Jihyo asked me out of worry.

I shook my head in response, "Of course not. It's for Sana to not think about our child now that she thinks that I'm really going for it. She needs to erase me and every connection of ours in her memory."

"I'm glad you aren't. But are you sure you can handle being a single parent? What about your family? They still don't know about this, right?" Nayeon inquired but I gave her a smile in response.

"As long as I have you guys around, it wouldn't be difficult to raise a child on my own. She/he has her own 7 aunties by her/his side."

"You know it, Dahyun!" Jeongyeon enthusiastically stated. I know she's also trying her best to keep the atmosphere as positive as she can.

I'm glad they're here with me.

Of course, there's always going to be a missing piece in my life... Only could Sana fill in that piece.

I would still to muster up the courage to tell my parents about their soon-to-be grandchild. I just hope that they'd accept our baby.

For now, I have to focus on myself. To new beginnings, to a whole new life... a life without her.

Until we meet again, Minatozaki Sana...

This is the end of our story... of us.

***