Ch. 38

Third Person's POV

Days had passed and it's finally Sana's birthday. Each and every one of her friends planned to rent a private dining room in one of the fanciest restaurant in the country.

Jihyo and Mina took care of the reservation while the rest hangs out with Sana until everything's ready and prepared for her birthday.

They're currently hanging out at the cafeteria area of the hotel they're staying in, having breakfast and just chatting with each other.

In the midst of their conversation, Sana received a phone call. Seeing the caller's ID made her eyes widen in panic.

"I need to take this call, guys. Hold on." Sana excused herself and went to the bathroom.

Dahyun noticed her sudden change of mood and decided to follow her girlfriend to know what was going on.

Once Sana was inside the bathroom stall, she picked up the call, unaware that the younger's listening from the outside.

"Hello, Dad?"

"How long will you and your friends stay in Switzerland?"

"Probably until after new year's day. Why?"

"Mr. Maeda just called me for a business meeting and he wants to see both you and his son together."

Cold sweat ran down her forehead at the mention of the family name she was tied onto. She didn't even realize that her phone was on loudspeaker.

Dahyun's mouth fell agape as she heard what her dad said, "She's being arranged to someone? And Maeda? Isn't that Itsuki's family name?"

"Can't you just rearrange our meeting, Dad? I'm having the time of my life with my friends right now. Just let me enjoy my life at least once." Annoyed, Sana talked back to her father. But her tone wasn't received well by him.

"It already had been rearranged, Sana. Go home before January 1. Don't make me wait for long or I'm telling you the several different ways I'm thinking of to separate you and that girl apart."

Hearing the girl part, Dahyun already knew that he was talking about her.

"No." Sana responded which angered her father even more.

"What?!"

"No, Dad. I've had enough of you. Nothing you do could ever separate me and Dahyun apart. Just stop."

"Haven't you remembered what I could do if you'd disobey me yet again?!"

"And I'm sticking to my words. Just mind your own business from now on, Dad!"

"Just wait 'til you get home, young lady. You'll take those words back." Mr. Minatozaki threatened for one last time before ending the call.

Sana could only sigh in frustration as she shut her phone off after the call.

From the other side, Dahyun could only look down in anger after hearing their conversation.

"He's Sana's dad but the way he talks to her makes it seem like she's nothing but a tool to him. I hate it so much."

Out of rage, Dahyun didn't even noticed that Sana unlocked the door, making her stumble and fall on the Japanese girl.

"Dahyun? Were you eavesdropping?" Sana questioned the younger as she helped her regain her balance.

"I was worried, okay? You looked so much in panic earlier that I just wanted to know what's been bothering you. You're slowly hiding things away from me, Sana. Why?" Dahyun fought the urge to not cry to in front of her as she question the older's actions.