Ch. 21

Sana's POV

I woke up feeling like shit. I've been crying until I fell asleep and somehow got my body temperature to rise up.

Do my parents even think of me as their own child? They're so selfish for controlling the life that I never wanted.

All I want is freedom and to be with Dahyun. Is that too much to ask for?

I looked at my alarm clock with struggle due to my aching body.

It's 9:30am already and I still haven't gone to school. Not like I have the will and energy to do so.

I took my phone from my nightstand and dialled Mina's number.

After a few rings, Mina answered my call, "Hello? Sana? I was in class when you called. Why didn't you attend yours?"

"Hello, Mina. I'll be absent for the day. I don't feel too well. Please inform the faculty about this."

"That's why you weren't at class. Alright, I'll drop by the faculty later at lunch break and tell them about the reason of your absence."

"Thanks, Mina. Sorry for the bother."

"It's okay. Get well soon, Sana. I need to go back to class now. See ya." After Mina said that, she ended the call.

I placed my palm on my head as I felt a migraine rush up.

At least my parents would be gone for a while due to their business trips. Not surprised. They barely have any time for their only child anyway.

I decided to close my eyes and sleep. Maybe once I wake up, this headache would go away.

---

I felt my phone suddenly vibrated, waking me up.

I didn't even had the time to rest for long. Oh well, at least the migraine lessened.

I wasn't supposed to pick up the call because I barely have enough strength to move, much more speak. That was until I saw the caller id.

Sliding the accept button, I spoke to the person on the other line, "Hello, Dahyunie?"

"Sana-unnie! Thank goodness you picked up the call. I was so worried about you when I found out that you were absent because you're not feeling well. I couldn't call you earlier because I was in class and-"

Dahyun's rambling put a smile on my face. She's so genuinely concerned about me. Something I've never felt before from anyone.

"I'm alright, don't worry. Thank you for calling, though. I was getting lonely alone here at home."

"Want me to come over later after class? So I could take care of you."

Words that I wanted to hear, "Sure. I'll be waiting for you, my Dahyunie."

"Have you eaten anything? If you haven't, ask your maids to prepare you something and give you medicine. Don't move too much or your illness might get worse."

"Okay, okay. I got you. I'll take care of myself while you're not here yet."

"That's good to know, unnie. I'll be going now. I love you."

"I love you more, Dahyunie."

Before the call ended, I heard a lip-smack sound and a giggle, causing the smile from my lips to widen.