Ch. 24

Dahyun's POV

"Dubs, hey, I was just joking about the preggo thing. You don't have to go to the hospital for it. Besides, it's not like Sana-unnie has a baby maker."

I couldn't respond to Chaeyoung's words as I panic in the waiting area inside Tzuyu's family's hospital.

A week after Chaeyoung's 'joke', I told my friends that I needed to see a doctor as soon as possible. At first, they looked at me like I was a crazy maniac who promised to take them to a trip to neverland.

But after a little persuasion, Tzuyu decided to take me to their family hospital just so that I could calm down. She still was in doubt whether I was sane or not, but I think she noticed that I was genuinely panicking for my life.

"Let's just let Dahyun-unnie go for a check up. Maybe she just wants confirmation if her period had gotten irregular or not." Unlike Chaeyoung who didn't know what else to do, Tzuyu was calm about the situation, which I appreciate.

I really hope that's the case, Tzu.

"Ms. Kim Dahyun?" A doctor called out as he peeked through the door.

"Here, sir."

The doctor motioned for me to come inside so I stood up and took a deep breath before entering the room.

"Sit down, please." The doctor gestured to a chair nearby and I immediately oblige as instructed, "So what is your concern as to why you need an immediate check-up, Ms. Kim?"

"I-I just need to know if I'm pregnant or my period is just delayed for two weeks." I asked hesitantly, hoping and praying that the answer was the latter.

"Since your concern is whether you're pregnant or just having an irregular period, let me ask; how long had passed since your last period, Ms. Kim?" The doctor inquired.

"About a month ago, I think?" I answered.

"Do you usually have irregular periods?"

"When I was 16-17 years old, I had. When I turned 18, it turned to normal. And currently, I'm conflicted if this is just another delayed period or the cause of... pregnancy."

I want the ground to swallow me whole right now.

"Let's test if you are pregnant, Ms. Kim. Follow me for the ultrasound."

---

Timeskip

"I've now gathered the results of your ultrasound test, Ms. Kim. And the results are..."

Please be just a delayed period, please be just a delayed period...

"Congratulations. You're pregnant."

Fuck-

---

2 days after my ultrasound test being pregnancy positive, I couldn't keep all of the thoughts that run through my head.

What am I gonna do? How am I gonna continue my studies if I'm now bearing a child? What would others think of me now? How would I be able to tell Sana about this?

Everything started stressing me out that I couldn't help but feel nauseous and started throwing up on the toilet bowl.

Ugh, and I just woke up, too. Gross.