Ch. 20

Sana's POV

It's very unlikely of Dahyun to not go home with me, knowing that we both barely had the time to hang out together. But I understand. Maybe one of her friends invited her to spend time together and I totally understand that.

Although I couldn't hide the fact that I'm disappointed. I was hoping to catch up with her.

Oh well, at least we got to make out before she left.

Whilst looking at my wallpaper of Dahyun and I's photo together, a text message popped up in my notifications.

Mom
Sana, your dad and I wanted to talk to you. Come home early.

I sighed. What could they want from me right now? It's definitely something business-related.

I packed my things up and went inside my car to drive home.

The other student council members all went home already. I just stayed for some alone time and other paperwork that I needed to scan and sign.

Once I reached home, I saw mom waiting for me outside.

I went outside my car and my mom immediately went inside our mansion without a word. Typical mom.

I followed mom and went inside our mansion as well. There, I saw my dad sitting in the couch while crossing his arms.

"Ah, Sana. You're here." My father's stern voice made me turn my head on his direction.

"Dad? What's going on here?" I asked.

"Take a seat. I would explain everything." Curious about what's happening, I quickly took a seat beside my dad.

Dad clears his throat before talking in a serious manner, "My business partner, Mr. Maeda, and I had a business proposal that involves a huge amount of money once this proposal has beed approved."

"So? How does this involve my life?" I could see my dad's eyebrows furrowed at the annoyance in my tone.

"Listen carefully, young lady. I want you to date Mr. Maeda's son to build more connection between him and our family." My ears went deaf as I heard that from my dad.

"Y-you... Want me to date someone just for the success of your business?! I don't even know the guy!"

"Stop being hard-headed, Sana! And you know who he is. He's the brother of one of your childhood friends, Itsuki."

Maeda... Itsuki... Maeda Itsuki-?!

"Out of all people?!"

I clenched my fist in rage. I can't believe him. He's now taking my freedom. Are what he had done in the past to me not enough? What did I do to deserve all of this?

"Sana-"

"I won't, dad! No matter what you'd say to me, no matter what you'll take from me. I would never agree to your stupid plan!"

I love Dahyun. I would never leave her for someone else. I won't do the same mistake as I did with Eunha before. I won't be scared anymore. I would fight for us...

"I hate you, dad! You're not even treating me like your own child. I'm just your fucking robot. But guess what? I'm not gonna listen to your commands anymore!"

I went upstairs to my room, not even bothering to look at him and listen to his voice. I hate him.

I decided to lay down on my bed and I immediately passed out.

A few hours had passed, I heard a knock on my door. I wasn't gonna open it, thinking that maybe it was my father on the other side until I heard mom's voice so I decided to open the door.