☯︎ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 33 ☯︎

☟︎︎︎ 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 ☟︎︎︎♫︎ 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ♫︎

♫︎ 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐯 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 ♫︎

"so are you going to call her back?" kakucho questioned after hearing y/n tell the group about her unexpected call last night. after inviting only bonten's number three, both haitani's decided to also tag along, despite kakucho's denying.

"probably. i don't know what to do other than that" she mumbled into her cup of water that'll she occasionally take small sips from. "you should call her now" the voice of ran, suggested.

staring at her phone which rested on the kitchen counter, she let out a sigh before looking up at the three men, sitting on the couch in the living room, across from her. "use this burner phone" 

"did you just pull that out of your ass?"

"yup"

"time the call so we can avoid getting tracked" rindou suggested after y/n caught the object that the older haitani tossed in her direction. "five minutes" kakucho announced, making y/n nod.

she copied the number from the screen of her own phone and was met with the ring of a dial tone before the line was picked up. "mom" she said, impatiently. "ah, why is it's that you're calling me with this unfamiliar number n/n? i almost didn't answer" her mom questioned with a chuckle as if their situation was completely normal.

"is someone making you do this?"  y/n's voice suddenly became more serious as she stared at the granite top counter. kakucho and both of the haitani's observed her behavior, curious to y/n and her mothers conversation.

"well of course not sweetie, these are all of my doings. this is one of the last things you'd expect your sweet and kindhearted mother to be doing, huh?" the woman chuckled and y/n looked up at the men before tapping the speaker button on the phone with an eye roll.

"you'd wouldn't have killed me that night, right?" y/n questioned, thoughts from a couple of day's ago playing through her head. "hm, I'm not sure? accidents happen, you know? you should've learned that a long time ago,"

"you should've learned that they happen when hikaru was killed. it was an accident, you forgot to finish off one of ren's men and it caused my little boy..his life" the grip that y/n had on the phone only tightened as she detected the fake sympathy that her mother expressed.

"i wanna talk to you. in person" y/n's words made the eye's of kakucho widened. he shook his head, disapproving her suggestions. the pleading look spilled through y/n's facial expression, making bonten's number three, sigh.

"what is there to talk about, y/n?"

"maybe the fact that you've been gone since i moved out and now all of a sudden you greet me with a snipper?" y/n questioned, annoyance becoming stronger in her voice. "but, it's not like I've harmed you" her mother added.

"yeah because it's not like i survived your shitty war and i get to live with the trauma? is that the goal of kurayami?"

"our goal is to weaken bonten and were doing that through you, it's just a coincidence that my daughter decided to become their ally" y/n's mother's words weren't really making sense, making y/n catch on to the fact that she wasn't going to get any information out of her.

"are you going to meet up with me or not?"

"actually, sure. bring all bonten memebers with you too. kiro and i would like to have an innocent meeting with you all" her mother suggested.

"why do you want them to be there? this is a personal discussion between you and i" suspicion grew into y/n's voice but she looked up to rindou when she heard him tap the table.

"time's up" she saw him mouth to her.

"I'll send you an address, meet us there in two days" after her mother's words, y/n imeedietly hung up the call after seeing the impatient expression that rindou wore. letting out a sigh, y/n placed the phone onto the table before reaching into her pocket for the butterfly knife that sanzu had gifted to her.

before she could plunge it into the device, her wrist was stopped by kakucho. in her own daze, she didnt notice the fact that he stoop up, already knowing her next move. "don't accidentally hurt yourself again" he mumbled, referring to when y/n accidentally injured her hand when she tried practicing knife tricks.

kakucho picked up the device, tossing it to rindou for him to step on it instead, avoiding using a sharp object. "i dont know what to do right now" she mumbled quietly for only kakucho to hear her words as the haitani's were too busy destroying the phone.

"do you trust her?" kakucho asked. y/n looked up to him, shrugging to his question. "i dont think all of this is her doings, she dosen't have that kind of heart. i think i should follow out with that meet up"

bonten's number three rose his eyebrow with an unsure hum. "I'm not bringing you guy's a long with me. i don't wanna put bonten on the line again" she reassured. kakucho let out a sigh before speaking again.

"you can't go alone, sanzu wouldn't allow that again and mikey dosen't want to lose a member or else kurayami will be at an advantage" he explained through a calm tone.

"come on, lets talk to mikey and sanzu about this meeting." y/n stood up following beside kakucho as they walked towards the exit. "haitani's, let go" kakucho called the two men who were seated on the couch, talking in their own conversation.

they both stood up and followed behind y/n and kakucho, a stoic silence engulfing each of their figures as they took heavy steps.

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT

also a this book is coming to an end soon :( were at the final arc 🤩

hope u enjoyeddd, byee ily <3