11.

"Are you okay?".

Snapping out of my thoughts , I turn to Brianna who was seated beside me. "Are you okay?" , she repeats and I give a tiny nod. "Won't you eat?", she pointed to the buffet. I honestly had no appetite. My eyes shift to taehyung who was still speaking with guests. Hailey was at his side , stuck to him like glue. His eyes divert and find mine instantly. The smile that formed on his face made me feel sick.

"I - I think I'm going to head home. Its quite late", I get to my feet. "It's not even 11" , bri exclaimed, chomping on cheese cake. "I am tired ", I give her shoulder a squeeze and she sighed. "Fine , I'll see you at work ", she smiled and went back to eating. Despite the heels I wore , I forced myself to walk as fast as I could. I needed fresh air. I needed my bed!

"Ms Cora " , I turn around to find his brother making his way to me. "Leaving so soon?", he asked when he reached. "Yes, it's been a long night ", I wave my hands in the air and chuckle awkwardly. "You're not a party girl", he pointed out and I nod. "Well it was nice meeting you", he shook my hand again . "You too Mr kim", I say and move along to the exit. He seemed nice. But - that's also what I said about taehyung.

The cold smacked me in my face when I got out of the hall. Wrapping my arms around myself, I am about to pace across the street to catch a cab.

"Anastasia-", his voice boomed , cutting through the wind. I halt , turning around to find taehyung. "Leaving so soon?", he questioned while removing his coat and draping It around me. "Yes Mr kim", I stared at our feet. "I'll give you a ride home", he said but I shake my head , "no I'm good", I step back, lifting my eyes to meet his.

"I was not offering. Get in the car", he pointed to his car and again , I shake my head. "I'll be okay Mr kim", I whisper, not wanting to be alone with him. "Are you okay?", he reached out , tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. His touch was warm and gentle. "Mr kim , I will be fine-", I remove his coat , holding it out for him to take back. "I'll take you home ", he seemed confused but I'm sure he knew why I did not want to be alone.

"I said I'll be okay ", I shift my gaze to hailey approaching us. "Taehyung, guests are asking for you", her voice loud and stern. Her eyes glaring at his coat in my hand. His jaw clenched as he inhaled sharply, taking the coat from my hand. "Get home safe then ", he deadpanned as I nod. With that he turned and headed back inside. He seemed upset but I did not care.

"He's married", she crossed her arms over her chest. "His wife is in the same function. You think I didn't see the little eye contact you were trying to make with my husband ", she snapped through gritted teeth. I furrow my brows, not in the mood for a cat fight. "Mrs Kim, I have no intention of distracting your husband", my tone soft and calm. "Whether you try or not , I do not care. You pretended to come into our home as a little naive girl but you know exactly what you're doing ", she pointed her manicured nails at me.

I would have defended myself.
But - I couldn't.

I felt lost and misunderstood. I did not want anyone comparing me to my mother who messed up. I was not her.

"Stay away from him. We are happily married", she flicked her middle finger at me before heading back into the hall. With a groan, I rub my forehead, turning and heading to find a cab. Maybe quit work. But then I'd need to have another job, so I'm financially stable.
Getting across the street , I sit on the sidewalk instead of cab hunting. I felt miserable.

••
F l a s h B a c k

"Don't you want me?", he whispered.

What? I try to push him back but he just held me closer , inhaling my scent. "Mr kim-", I struggled in his tight hug. I was trying my best not to draw attention to our stall, so keeping my voice down was a must. "I think you're drunk -", I wriggle, feeling his hands squeeze my waist. "You're so pretty ", he whispered, bringing one hand up to cup my face, holding me In place while he admired me. His eyes bouncing from detail to detail.