Chapter 23

I spend the next week in Mirkwood spending every evening with Thranduil and when his schedule allows taking walks around the garden and on one occasion riding in the woods. I spend the mornings training with the guards learning and teaching as well as avoiding questions about my relationship with their king. It is on the beginning of my second week that I receive a letter from Garren.

Captain,

I am glad to hear you are well and healing. It took two of us to restrain Koa from coming after you, but he is recovering well and will be out of bed in a few days' time. We are glad of your recovery but all wonder when you will be returning. The Queen is demanding to know where you are, Koa thought it best to lie and tell her you were following a group of orcs. The borders are quite so do not fret about Alqualonde.

Garren

I stroke Kaitos head while I read through the letter "What do you think Kaito, should I tell them through letter?" he caws butting my head I laugh "No I should do it in person." I put the letter on my desk and go in search of Thranduil who is in the throne room looking very handsome in silver robes and his crown "Is something the matter Y/N?" I shake my head "Not at all, I simply came to tell you I will be returning home in two days too take care of a few things."

He nods brushing a piece of hair out of my face "I understand. Before you leave dinner in the gardens?" I beam "Sounds lovely."

Back in my room I bathe and change drafting a quick letter to Garren and Koa

I will be returning home in two days. Koa I promise I am alright do not strain yourself. Thank you for what you said to my sister it is appreciated she has quite the temper and I don't wish to know what would happen if she knew where I was and who I was with. I will see you soon

Y/N.

Handing the letter to Kaito I style my hair before walking out into the gardens finding Thranduil already waiting with a table laid for two with lanterns suspend on the branches above

Handing the letter to Kaito I style my hair before walking out into the gardens finding Thranduil already waiting with a table laid for two with lanterns suspend on the branches above. "This is lovely." he chuckles pulling out a seat "Please sit. You look lovely by the way." I laugh sitting down "You say that every time we are together." he shrugs taking his own seat "Only because it is the truth. You are truly beautiful my dear." 

I smile at the table blushing "Thank you. You are very kind with your compliments." he chuckles shrugging elegantly reaching for his glass "A toast my dear." I lift my own glass "Too what are we toasting?" he smiles "Life? Love?" I clink my glass against him "Very well to life and love." I take a drink while Thranduil seems to be searching for something in his pocket "Y/N I am aware we have not had long together, though I feel I have loved you for years. I know in my heart that I do not wish to live in a world without you in it. So if you would let me I would like to spend the rest of my life making you happy. Would you do me the honour of becoming my wife and Queen of Mirkwood?" 

I stare at the ring he is holding out before looking up into his eyes finding myself speechless "Thranduil I

I stare at the ring he is holding out before looking up into his eyes finding myself speechless "Thranduil I... I... Yes." he beams standing and pulling me into his arms our lips meeting in a gentle kiss "I love you too." he is still beaming as he slips the ring onto my finger bringing it to his lips "Perfect." I laugh kissing him again "I love you Thranduil." 
"And I you Y/n."