Chapter 38

*Time skip*

I walk into the throne room smiling warmly at my husband currently draped over his throne looking bored. I creep up behind him planting a kiss on his temple "What are you thinking about my love?" he sits up face brightening "About how wonderful my wife is." I laugh yelping when he pulls me into his lap kissing me gently "And how lucky I am to have such a beautiful family. Four beautiful children and a wife who can defeat anyone in a fight while looking flawless." I laugh running my fingers through his hair "I love you." he leans his forehead against mine "I love you too."

"Naneth. Ada." Melian and Luthein our two youngest come bounding over jumping up to join us. I move to the arm of the throne with Melian in my lap Luthein settling on Thranduils. The two are almost completly identical apart from a small scar running along Melians eyebrow when he was not paying attention and ran into a wall. Legolas comes striding after them the spitting image of his father Elora by his side face buried in a book as normal. "What are you all doing here?" Melian grins "We came to suprise you. Lessons are boringgg." his brother nods "Very boring. We want to shoot with Legolas." 

Thranduil chuckles tickling Lutheins side "And you will once you are older." They both pout making us laugh "Naneth when did you learn to shoot?" I smile down at Melian who tilts his head back against my chest to look me in the eyes "The same age as your brother." Elora smiles warmly "Besides you might not even enjoy it. I myself have no interest in learning to fight." Luthein grins "Yea so we can protect you then you can heal us if we get hurt." Elora laughs nodding "I suppose so. But while you are waiting to learn I could teach you about herbs? It may be useful to know some things about healing if you want to learn how to fight." I smile warmly at my daughter who returns the smile with equal warmth "Naneth you know battle healing don't you?" I nod "I do though your knowledge will far surpass mine." 

Melian looks vaguly interested in the idea of learning from his sister while Luthein looks appalled by the idea "I don't want to read books I want to go and fight for our home like Naneth and Ada did in their stories." 

Dread flits through my chest at the thought of any of my children going into an actual fight but I push that aside. They are all or will be capable of taking care of themselves and I have nothing to worry about. Besides If another war did happen I would fight tooth and nail for my family and my home. 

Thranduil reaches over squeezing my hand gently similar thoughts probably flitting through his own mind "Let us hope that nothing of that scale ever happens again. Though if it did I would be proud to have you as soldiers in our army and Elora may even become head of the healers one day should she keep up with her studies." She stands a little taller Legolas shoving her arm chuckling  "Then we may actually listen when you yell at us to be careful." Elora rolls her eyes "Just because your older does not mean you are smarter." 

I laugh helping Melian to the floor Luthein jumping down after him "Will you come play with us now?" I smile "Of course what are we playing?" they both glance at each other before yelling out "Hide and seek." I chuckle "You'd best go and hide then." the two turn to their older siblings "Will you play too? Its much more fun with more people." Elora puts down her book taking Lutheins hand "Of course I will." Legolas sighs but softens at Melians pleading face "Alright. One game." 

"Ada are you playing?" he smiles warmly "I am afraid I have a council meeting to attend. But I promise we will have a family dinner this evening." nodding the four of them run off I push myself to my feet turning to kiss Thranduil before I go "I will see you this evening my darling." I lean down kissing him gently "I love you Thranduil." he grins hands coming up to cup my face "And I you my dear Y/N." Smiling I step away and head out the throne room counting as I go glancing back a final time before I leave Thranduil blowing me a kiss, I truly am blessed to have such a loving family and beautiful home. Now I just have to find my children, I follow the receding giggles hoping that these moments last forever.