Chapter 28

We leave early the next day saying goodbye to Koa and the others quitely. The journey back is quite Thranduil not leaving my side the entire way. When we return to Mirkwood Thranduil wraps an arm around my waist guiding me towards our room "Would you like to talk?" I shake my head leaning into his side "There is nothing to talk about. I left my sister with everything she needed to hear. Unless you are having second thoughts?"

He chuckles wrapping his arms around my waist "Y/N, My dear, my love, my darling. I will never have second thoughts about you. I wish to spend eternity with you by my side." I smile warmly looping my arms around his neck "How did I get so lucky?" he leans down grinning "It is I who is the lucky one Mrs Greenleaf."  (A/N I am unsure what Thranduils last name is as I've found several different ones but I'm going to use Greenleaf.)

His lips brush over mine gently "I love you." I sigh contently threading my fingers through his hair "I love you too." His lips mould with mine warmth spreading through every part of my body. "We have a wedding to plan." I chuckle "I suppose we do." he grins "Don't worry love, you will only have to do what you wish. Though I am afraid you will have royal duties." I laugh kissing him again "As long as I am with you I can face anything. Though I must request I have some time with the guards." He chuckles "Of course my dear."

The next month or two is a hectic wirlwind of planning, decorating and a few snatched moments alone in the evenings. Clothes, cake, food, music, rings, invitations everything seems to be going smoothly. I am currently in the library replying to various letters of congratulations when arms snake around my shoulders a soft kiss pressed to my temple "I thought I would find you in here." I smile leaning back "Hello my love." he grins kissing me properly "How are you my dear?" I smile putting down my pen "Much better now you are here, it seems I haven't seen you in so long." he chuckles wrapping an arm around my waist "In three weeks you shall have me by your side for as long as you will allow." 

I smile "Sounds perfect." he grins spinning me around before dropping in a low bow "May I have this dance?" I laugh curtsying "I would be honured." smiling and laughing we waltz around the bookshelves forgetting about the busy palace life for just a moment. "I love you Y/N L/N." 

"And I you Thranduil."