Unexpected

I brace myself for impact of the car, closing my eyes and covering my top half. The engine continues to get louder right behind me. Fuck I'd rather not die this way.

"Sadie!" An accent calls out, I feel a strong grip around my waist, pulling me sideways. Wait what? I expected to hit either the car or the road not a broad chest.

I hear a sigh from someone below me. Opening my eyes, I roll over onto my front, and that's when I meet eyes with a man I wouldn't have pictured ever saving me nor looking so scared.

Charles Leclerc stares up at me, whilst I rest above him, my arms gripping his. I take it neither of us knew what to say. We just laid there, shocked to what had just occurred. Leclerc starts coughing as he reaches up towards me. Okay moment over. He's going to push me off.

But I was wrong.

He bring his left hand to meet my cheek, and with his thumb he rubs it slowly, like he was truly scared and worried. I can't contain my butterflies any longer, they move around my stomach whilst my heart skips a beat. I couldn't help but feel the need to place my right hand upon his, so I did. His touch was electric, I gasped at how nice it was to experience mild affection from Charles. His tanned skin was soft and smooth to the touch. The sports car seemed to have veered off into the distance probably not realising they could've nearly hit me.

Then with his unexpectedly soft voice he asks "are you alright Sadie?" I still did not have a clue what to say in the moment, I was well and truly gobsmacked. So all I did was nod at him, it seemed to put his mind at ease as a small smile appeared on his handsome face.

I hear a clear of a throat behind me.

"Erm Miss are you okay? Do we need to call an ambulance?" said Sean. I wonder how long he'd been stood there for, bless him. I shook my head "n-no I'm okay just winded. I think he is too." I nod my head over to Charles. As I look back at him he is still staring, like I was a painting, like he was trying to work me out. "Okay we'll take you to the Mercedes team doctor." One of my bodyguards exclaim.

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were an awful lot of people standing around us, I came to realise once I got into the car to leave. I made sure Jack and Sean called Charles' manager to get him. Mercedes' and Ferrari are salty with one another which is why the two men held back at first. But they soon gave in after my pleads and the other team came to get Leclerc. Before he left he pulled me in for a hug, hugging me tight. Not wanting to let me go, until his team practically forced him to leave. There was too many cameras and people everywhere. This would surely get out to the media. But I didn't care in that moment, all I cared about for some odd reason was Charles.

Why did he even save me? Why did he hold my cheek? Why did he ask if I was okay? Is he going to be okay?

All of these questions filled my mind at once. Until Jack told me we had arrived at the hotel and the doctor was going to see me now.