The chase

And to top the day off we're in Charles' 488 Ferrari spider convertible. He's driving me back home.

My head meets the side of the window as I rest it. I stare out to see the pretty lamps lighting up the dark motorway. I hear the hum of the car from underneath, I look over at his speed - it's 50.

The radio is on quietly in the background. Amy Whinehouse is singing, after the song finishes I can hear a more upbeat song. I then gaze over to Leclerc's hand that turned up the volume of the song.

Then I instantly remembered it. Leclerc's head starts bobbing to the sound of Unforgettable by French Montana. My favourite fucking song.

"IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, SINCE I BEEN WITH YOU, OOH" I sung out loud.

"You know this song?!" Charles asks amused.

"Yeah why wouldn't I? It's my favourite song!"

He smile stretched all the way to his eyes as he took his green orbs from me and set them on the convertible button.

What is he doing? Opening the roof? It's England in 10 degree weather?

However, I didn't question it. He intrigued me. Everything he's ever done confuses me. And I kind of love it. I love the chase. I love him!

"Me too. You surprise me everyday Sadie." He reply's to my previous answer. His cheeks become red. Is he nervous?

He manages to hide it well as he soon presses the button and I watch the roof above us disappear. The cool air hits me quickly. If this happened a week ago I'd moan over it but now it makes me feel something. It makes me actually feel human again.

His foot clamps down on the accelerator. And I can't help but need to remind him we're not in a race right now.

"Hey Charles. We're not on the track right now!"

"Oh are we not? My bad." He says with a smirk. He knew full well what he was doing. His head turned towards me not even looking where he was going. I suppose he didn't need to, it was straight for ages to come, no cars were about and he is one of the top racing drivers for God sake. His smirk continues, making me feel really nervous as he looks me
up and down with a smug grin.

I think we need some music to steady my hormones.

I turn up the volume full pelt. The song was still on and on its best bit. I felt myself so inclined to let loose, so I did...

"And you are unforgettable
I need to get you alone
Ooh, why not?"

I was about to sing the next lines when Charles got there first.

"A fuckin' good time, never hurt nobody
I got a little drink but it's not Bacardi
If you loved the girl then I'm so, so sorry
I got to give it to her like we in a marriage"

I watched him sing the lyrics in his cute little french accent and I was completely and utterly mesmerised by this man. Why was he so... hot?

He'd taken his blazer off before we'd got into the car. His muscles were shown off by the lighting underneath his shirt. I rested my head to the side of my head-rest, closest to him. Then my left hand rubbed against his hand and slowly traveled up to rest on his upper arm.

His hand then grabbed my thigh stroking the inside with his thumb. My hairs stood on end. It was like electricity had just gone through me. He was still pulling that smug look. Before he leant in.

His lips connected with mine. It was so deep that it actually took my breath away for a few minutes. So I stopped to come up for air. His hand then came up from my thigh to my left cheek, stroking it gently.

But then I wanted more. So I threw myself on him - not literally as he was still driving. But my arms wrapped around him and soon enough out tongues were in each others mouths. Then his mouth moved to my neck. He applied thousands of kisses to my neck which I found myself gripping his hair.

It was probably good timing that the police soon were behind us otherwise we'd probably be dead by now. "SHIT" Leclerc shouts he was already doing 80 and he was now nearly hitting 110 mph in the space of 5 seconds.

I didn't say anything I just let him drive. That was what he was best at. Although I was definitely better but we'll save that for another day.

His foot hadn't been taken off of the accelerator in quite a while and now we was at 190. I held the side of his chair and the inside of the door for dear life. There's literally no way the police could keep up.

And soon enough they stopped their mission and turned into a slip road and soon enough all of the cars were out of sight. He let out a loud laugh and said "Phew".

I even started laughing too.

"This is the closest I've ever been to prison and death at one time." I say lightheartedly.

"And this will be the last. The last time I put you in a situation like that Sayd." He says as I turn to him. He was looking at me but there was sincerity in his voice. I just brushed it off. I can take care of myself and plus this whole thing was quite fun.

"Nah it's fine I live, laugh, love near death experiences."

Charles just reply's with a small laugh. Before he turns off of the motorway nearing my parent's house.

"Take care Sadie. I'll see you in Japan." He announces as I jump out of his car clutching at my sides as I didn't realise how cold it was due to the adrenaline.

"Yeah you too."

"I, uhh, I-" Leclerc starts to try to get his words out. So I turn around to him already half way up the stairs to the front door. "Huh?" I say confused.

Was he dying and am I just being oblivious?

"I love you." He stammers out quickly. Never once taking his eyes off of me.

"I love you too." I reply almost immediately as a big smile creeps over his face. We just stay there staring at one another for a good few minutes until my idiot of a brother ruins it.

"Sadie get your fucking arse in here now- oh HEY CHARLIE!" Jamie says. And yes he's started to call my boyfriend "Charlie" because it matches with "Jamie". You know the "-ie" on the end.

"Hey mate. Gotta run see you soon." Charles says as he nods and soon he was off driving down my road until he turns left and I don't see the silhouette of his head nor his blue car in the distance anymore.

"You coming in or not you lovesick." He says rolling his eyes and indicating for me to come in.

"What the fuck did you just call me." I soon say as I'm extracted from any other thought of Charles. And before I know it I'm dashing into the house, chasing Jamie as he's screaming at the top of his lungs for dad.

What a pussy.