Distractions

Lando's pov

"Where are you going, baby?" A girl who stayed over last night asked me. I cringed at that word baby, it's not something I took lightly. I didn't do relationships. Until Sadie.

The past three months had been so weird, so off. Sadie wouldn't even talk to me anymore. I invited her to a nightclub after the Miami Grand Prix - she said no. I even invited her to have a gym work out with me - she. Said. No.

It's like anything I ever asked she would blow me off. She'd give no excuse she'd simply say no and turn swiftly on her heel. Believe me I wanted to pull her up on it, I'm sure by now she knew how I felt. She just didn't feel the same.

I needed a distraction so I turned to women. I know that sounds bad and I know it is. But no one ever made me feel how she made me feel. Not even the girl in my bed did. The women I brought home only made up a fraction of how she made me feel but it's better than nothing.

I suddenly registered what the girl had asked, "just going for a smoke." I said. Boss would kill me if he found out about this. As every cigarette packet practically says "Smoking Kills". I know it kills, my lungs are going to be fucked one way or another. I don't smoke every day it's more like once a month or two months. Just whenever I feel anxious.

And that call from Charles made me exactly that.

What did he mean he didn't want her to get hurt?

How is someone like Owen ever going to hurt her?
He has a clean record for god sake.

I slide open the door to the balcony, closing it behind me so the fumes will be directed outwards and not stick to the walls of my apartment. I whip out the box of cigarettes from my trouser pocket before popping one in my mouth. I then grab the lighter from my other pocket and flicking the stick down to create fire. The end of the cigarette caught on fire immediately. I breathed in a handful of the toxic chemicals, holding it for a second. I felt my lungs practically on fire before blowing the smoke back out again. I watch as it circles and dances in the air before completely evaporating. It was gone.

Just like Sadie.

I peer down at my silver watch on my left wrist reading the time. It's said 06:00. The girl would be gone in 3 hours, she needed to be. I had a meeting with the big boss then training. No time for breakfast in bed for her. Okay, yeah that's quite mean when I think about it.

I found the small chair in the corner of the balcony. I sat down on it admiring the view of the Thames in the warm morning heat. Considering it was now July and global warming was a thing now I was baking. It didn't bother me too much though, all I had on were my grey shorts and no top - I mean c'mon who wears tops to bed?

A couple of minutes pass and I finish the cigarette, rubbing it into the ashtray so it burnt out completely. I combed my hair back and stared at my phone. The lock screen was still the picture of me and Leclerc. We both had black suits on, both with black bow ties. Him and I were happy then.

Before her.

But then again, I suppose it's not all her fault, she didn't ask for us to like her, to find her attractive the way we do, to fight over her and for neither of us to get her.

We were - well still are, in love with her. I know Leclerc well enough by now to know he doesn't like to show emotion, he hates opening up, he hates anything like that. So when I got the call from Sadie at 2am in the morning asking to me to come get her during that party in Saudi Arabia, I knew Leclerc had done something. And I was right.

He broke her heart.

I really guiltily hoped she'd like me more than Leclerc from that point onwards. She'd end up with me not him. Neither of us had to compete for anyone before her. We'd have women at our feet begging us to spend the night with them.

But anytime she'd cried or been happy it was all because of Charles. Since 3 months ago I realised I will never have her, if she chooses anyone she'll choose him. That's where she always gets led back to. No matter if she's seeing that Dugray right now.

During that phone call when Leclerc asked for my help. To get her out of her relationship with Owen, I was near to saying no and hanging up. But I realised I loved both of these people. No matter how many times Charles hurts me I'll always run to his side no matter what. Deep down he'd do the same.

And with Sadie. Yes, I know she doesn't love me and she never will the way I do. But I just have such a determination to make sure she doesn't get hurt, even if she will never choose me, I'll always choose her. Over and over again.

I think about her all day everyday.
But the problem is...
She only ever thinks about him.

[ Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter although it isn't as much of a happy chapter as the others, I know I don't really talk much after every chapter. I find it's better for you just to read the story without any explanations.

However, I just wanted to explain why I'd done POVs for Charles and Lando.

Instead of just writing Sadie's thoughts every chapter I think it'd be nice to incorporate the other characters inputs. This will mainly be the two love interests.

I hope I've made you all see both of the boys intentions towards her, Lando's in particular :)

I'll now try to write more notes at the end of a few chapters just incase any of you are confused.

See you soon ! X ]