Arriving

I have the radio on full pelt. Drowning out the street noise in busy London. I live in south west London, Kensington. It's been ages since I've seen my family, I miss them all like crazy. I've been messaging my mum 24/7, just a minute ago she was setting the table for dinner. My car comes into clear view of our road sign : Bywater Street.

I then turn left at the junction to go down my road. I drive past 10 houses all the way to the bottom, till I put my car into park on the right hand side of the road, opposite a White House. I know it's not the most colourful house on the street but my parents are boring like that. I stare up at the building. I've missed this place. I moved out at 19 so I haven't been here much these past few years.

I pull the keys out, the engine stops humming beneath me. I take a deep breath and open the door, stepping out onto the road. Walking round the car to get to the steps. It still feels like yesterday when mum carried my twin brothers home up here for the first time, and that was 16 years ago nearly. I was 7.

I was stood on the top step ready to knock when the door flew open and I was being jumped on. I grip the rails to gain composure. It was Jamie, his blonde curtains framed his face. He seemed to be hugging me tight, for comfort even, so I just pat him on the back.

"How are ya D?" He made that nickname up for me when we was little. He was not able to say my full name up until 5, slow learner I know.

"I'm amazing thanks Jay. Did you see me on the TV yesterday?."

"Yeah the whole family was round. You could hear dad screaming for you to beat Magnussen from miles away. Come on in!"

I follow Jamie into the house the stairs were facing the door just a couple metres away with the living room to the left and the kitchen at the back. We walk through to the kitchen, I come to see my other brother and my parents all sat at the island in the middle, smiles on their faces.

My mum walks up to me slowly opening her arms. She had tears in her eyes, yeah she does that a lot. Like that time I had my prom - she cried her eyes out that night. "Hey sweetheart, I've missed you." She says as she hugs me. Her words warmed my heart, I missed seeing them all in person. Dad came up behind her patting her on the shoulder, she soon let go of me and dad came bundling in. He places a hand on the back of my head, rubbing my hair gently, "you've been quite the girl Sayd".

"I definitely have been." I say as he composes himself and lets me go. I look around looking for my Matt. I find him sat up at the bar his eyes fixed away from me. This doesn't seem to be like him. So I stroll over and go to greet him.

"Hey Mattie. Where's my welcome home hug." I hold out my arms towards him. Waiting for a rib-crackingly, tight hug from him. He looks towards me, hesitating for a second before glancing at mum. She and dad are stood in the corner, seeming to be full of sorrow. The whole vibe is off. Despite all this happening Matt waddles over to me and hugs me. Bearing in mind he and Jamie are 5'10 i have my face buried in his dirty blonde hair. His is more borderline brunette compared to mine and his hair is curly compared to Jamie.

He lets go of me still looking like he's hiding something. They all seem to have the same look. They're not going to keep secrets from me, not after I've just arrived.

"Okay what has happened??" I say concerned.