MBJ

Heartbeats are weird.

Sometimes they're screaming at you from inside, you can hear thumping radiating through you and then sometimes nothing at all.

And god, my heart it thumping right now.

"Finally, I can announce the last star of the night ... world renowned Formula one racer - Sadie Brando." I hear Graham Norton announce to the audience just a few feet from me.

I hear cheers erupt as i'm leading my anxious self out onto the stage. My nails are embedded into my palms - I am shit scared right now.

I stare out to the crowd in-front of me - seeing over 100 peoples faces.

Many were cheerful with signs dedicated to me or teenage boys blowing kisses in my direction.

Some expressions were different however.
Not Mercedes fans? i thought to myself.

Show time.

"You look lovely tonight Sadie!" Graham exclaims to me as he wraps his arms around me. He looks at me with a small smile almost like he's saying sorry.

I try not to overthink this and glance at the others sat on the red chair.

I have just gone into full fangirl mode ...

Sat before me in all his glory (his red velvet suit, his golden chain on full display and that incredibly hot smile of his)

Micheal B - motherfucking - Jordan.

When I tell you i've never sat down so quick I really mean that. My bum meets the chair faster than you can say "sit". He turns to me "Hey i've heard alot about you."

My brain right there and then turned completely into mush and I forgot how to act. I just held my head in my hands and stared up at him not even registering the crowd has died down and was watching by every move.

"Anyway... I'm sure all you celebs have heard of the leading lady of formula one right now?" Graham starts which made me snap back into professional mode.

"Oh yes and can I just say, your doing the UK and women of the world so proud." I hear Jennifer Anniston say - as she turns to look down the line to me.

"Thank you so much." I reply as I get up and waddle over to her and give her a hug.

"Take it from me - don't even listen to what the media says about you - right now just focus on you. All eyes on you girl!" She whispers into my ear before I break from the hug.

I smile at her and glance at the other two sat with us tonight.

Harry Styles.
Smash.

Tom Holland.
Double smash.

They both stand up to give me a hug and I almost pass out from being in their presence.

My intrusive thoughts already had got the better of me ...

Quadruple smash.

I soon go to sit down next to MBJ and try to hold on to his smell for most of the night.

It smells to me like his aftershave is more than my net worth right now.

It. Is. So. Good.

"So Sadie." Graham begins.

Okay. You got this girl. Your interview has started.

"I'm just going to cut to the chase because it's what everyone wants to know right now."

I gulped and my hands started shaking.

"Go ahead." I nervously answer.

"What's the deal with your opponents Leclerc and Norris?"

Bingo.

"Well if i'm honest, I took interest in both of them. And ... erm... that's all there is to it really." I explain moving my shaking hands to under my hair to hide them.

"So your not a "thing" with any of them?"

"No."

"Well what was the fight about then in Brazil? Someone leaked to the press it was about you but what we want to know is what."

My chest rose and fell vigorously. How was I meant to get out of this one?

"Graham I don't think she needs to answer that. She's young and in her prime it happens to the best of us." Harry defends me as he's voicing his opinion on the situation.

"Yes but you see it's for the audience right guys?"

The audience erupts into cheers making me want to disappear into mid air.

But that's not possible.

"The fight, the fight was just a miss understanding." Is all I could muster up to say. I genuinely do not know what it was about, even now.

I just know they was fighting... over me.

"Now let's talk about your racing performance. How'd you think you have excelled since joining Mercedes?"

Thank the lord. Bless subject changes.

"At the start of the year I was just a girl from England who had a dream to race. Okay yes, I was not amazing in the beginning but thanks to my team I really have pushed that extra mile."

"Sadie you literally won the Brazilian grand prix!" Jennifer exclaims which leads the crowd to erupt into cheers.

My face goes red and to make it worse Micheal B Jordan extends his long muscular arm and pulls me in for a side hug.

Is this real? Am I real?

Soon after Graham concludes the show and announces the closing performance.

Soon enough i'm running back into my dressing room, locking the door shut, leaning against it and looking up to the ceiling.

What. A. Night.