Bahrain

The safety car stars rearing left towards the pit. I'm a few cars behind Lewis - my team mate. Although we're on the same team we're both racing to be the winner. Just 57 more laps to go - Great!

Once the safety car had disappeared me and all the other drivers knew it was now a race. I press down with my accelerator hoping to get in front of other people. Toto Wolf is in my ear nagging at me, telling me what to do. Yes race car drivers have most control but so does the actual team itself.

I've been racing since I was 8. And I'm now 23, thats 15 years of experience in me. I for sure will make this race a success. Everyday I remind myself that I'm the only woman right now in F1, quite sad when you think about it. My real inspiration is Lella Lombardi she's the only woman ever to finish top 6. I am hoping to break that record today. For myself and to show other women you can actually do this sport. Not just men.

I'm currently behind Lewis, wait no. He's just overtaken 3 cars. I suppose he's the fastest driver for a reason. I need to pick up the pace a bit, I come along side one car and quickly weave in front of them. Charles is in first place as he started first.

I wonder what he's doing? No you won't Sadie. You won't wonder what he's doing. He doesn't care about you.

Oh yeah.

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's currently lap 27. Just over half way. I'm outside of the top 5 mark. I've over taken Bottas aswell as Alonso. Lando Norris bless him, I haven't seen him once this entire race.

I look up into the stands of the people. Some with the Mercedes logo chanting the name and others with Ferrari and Alfa Romeo. Everyone has joined together to witness the fastest racers in the world race, and I'm one of those racers. I'm sure my family would be watching from home and so would Ellie. The poor girl hates watching F1 but she does for me.

"Brando. Brando. Are you okay?" Wolf shouts down the microphone to me. I give him a "mhm" to tell him I'm fine. I wanted him to shut up so I can race, he'd do this every test run I had. I know it's protocol but it's fucking annoying.

I hear the vibrations of my car all around me. No wonder you have to be skinny. I'm cramped in this car for over and hour and a half.

I go back in time to when I first started my career. Me in a small go kart at a small local raceway. I finished first in all my races and after I started gaining sponsors and was asked to go to different countries to compete even though I was only 8. This to me is the biggest moments of my life.

"You better come into the pit stop Sadie. Your tires probably need changing."

"Roger that" I call back into the mic, like I was on some confidential mission. I pull the million dollar car into the pit stop, stopping suddenly in front of my team. You can't waste time at this point, the slower you are, the more chance you have of losing. I see a Ferrari car in the pit stop too, could it be Charles? I suddenly become incredibly hot just like yesterday. I brush it off and slam the car into drive as they've just finished changing my tires. I speed off down to the exit of the pits, turning my head right quickly to see who was in the car of the Ferrari. I was correct it was Charles, he was staring right back at me, his eyes were in stealth mode, he was fixed upon me. I couldn't take it anymore and quickly turned around and carry on with the race.

                                ~~~~~~~~~~

I see the finish in sight. The man waving the flag. All 57 laps have been a blur. And I now can no longer think. My eyes are solely fixed on the finish line. I drive my car incredibly fast. Magnussen has been in front of me this whole race, I need to get past him. My engine roars as I come up right behind him, veering to the left. We are now neck and neck, with all my might I push forwards with the accelerator.

I did it. I beat him.

I drive straight over the finish at around 100 miles an hour. This is similar to how fast I've been going the whole race. I raise my fist, shaking it in triumph and scream at the top of my lungs. In my first race I've came 4th out of 20.

I've made history today. I'm the first female F1 driver to ever take 4th place!