A Mistake

The road up to the mansion was so smooth, it was though we were driving in the clouds. Jack and Sean were in the front as per usual, usually I only use them whilst I'm away but my mother has insisted to have them here. Just before we got to the private road the car was bombarded with cameras and flashing lights. Microphones hit the windows of the car in attempt to get me to talk. I winced after every smack of the microphones, this car isn't cheap you know.

I was travelling with Ellie. My family were all due to be there already. Considering the ball started at 7 it was now 8, the sun was setting. The perfect time to show up to a party. My birthday party. It's acceptable for the person who's party it is to be late.

Accordingly not to Mr Hamilton. He'd been blowing up my phone since half 6. All calls were checking my whereabouts, the calls were every 5 minutes. You should've heard him, shouting at all the caterers and decorators. He's angry under pressure, but most racing drivers are. I've learnt that first hand.

Lots of paparazzi were forbidden from entering, only a few were allowed in. They were to only take practical photos for when the news publish the party later tomorrow, and MTV was here to film the ball. It's something to do with Hamiltons contract he'd signed about his documentary with them. Believe me I do not want them here. Like I literally do not know anyone.

The car suddenly stop as it drives up to the front of the house. It reminded me a lot of the downtown abbey house, the house looked old, brown bricks, stained glass windows and a big brown wooden door was stood right in the middle. As soon as the media see my arrival they rush towards me as I'm being helped out of the car.

"Put your mask on now Sayd!", Ellie demands. I roll my eyes, I've dreaded wearing this since our 2 hour drive here. "NOW." She says half agitated, half jokingly. I decided not to get on her bad side and bring it up to my face and turn my back to her holding the lace strings, signalling that she needs to tie it. "There we go, now turn to me."

"Awh you look so gorgeous Sadie!" She squeals with excitement. I mutter out a thank you and a smile, I hate being praised or complimented it makes me feel awkward. She grabs my hand and leads me out of the car. Jack and Sean walk beside me and Ellie until we make it inside. The atmosphere changes almost suddenly as the servants open the door for us. Faint music was heard, but as we walked closer it became louder. We make our way to the big living room, it's conjoined to the kitchen. There was glasses stacked upon one another, it look like champagne so I didn't have to tell myself twice to chuck it back. I never knew why the rich have champagne it's the most horrible alcoholic drink I've ever had in my life. But I just wanted to get tipsy before meeting all these people really. And it seems to be working.

Hello gorgeous." A male voice says from behind. I turn around and meet eyes with Owen Dugray.

Okay so maybe I've left a few things out about my 3 month hiatus. I've started seeing a man who is NOT a racing driver- thank god. He is his dads next CEO for "Dugray Ltd", bearing in mind his dad is literally 90 I don't think he'll have to wait long until he kicks the bucket. Dugray was brought up wealthy, really wealthy. He's done really well to keep my mind off of the two boys who's names I won't name as your all probably bored to death of them by now.

"Hey Owen." I say all giggly as I wrap my arms around his neck kissing him a few times then hugging him tightly. "I need the bathroom, I'll be back soon yeah?" He said, I nodded as he left. Which I'm sure wouldn't be hard to find a bathroom, I mean have you seen the size of this house.

My best friend must have gone at the the point I'd been talking to Mr billionaire and future trillionaire, as she's no where to be seen. Luckily Lewis finds me, with open arms and a huge smile on his face he picks me up and spins me around a few times. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Let's introduce you to everyone. Your parents are just there, Taylor Swift is just in the other room you know!"

"WHAT!" I shout excitedly whilst he's leading me to her and probably the million other celebrities that are here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I thought this night could be the night. I'd have nothing to worry about I'd have an amazing time with Dugray and Leclerc certainly wouldn't be here.

Well I was wrong and should've thought better.

Problem is he's pissed out of his mind and keeps coming up to me. He was a lot louder than usual- yeah no shit. And he had been winding Owen up nearly all night. The cameras were non-stop on me and him. I frequently had to find a different room where I wouldn't have to see or be seen with the guy.

"That fucking kids annoying me." Owen spits, I've noticed his tendencies to become rather spiteful when he's drunk. I know that's not the real him though, it's not as if he's an alcoholic or anything. He just likes to drink. Owen had taken me to an empty corridor to rant about Charles. I laugh lightheartedly, "Me too, but he is only two years younger than you Owe-"

"Don't fucking make me look dumb Sadie." He shouts at me grabbing my arm tightly. I winced at his finger nails pressing into me, "ow, ow. Stop."

He didn't stop. "I bet you still like him don't you. DONT YOU."

I tried to shout no to him. I didn't like Charles anymore I didn't want anything to do with him. But my voice kept breaking as my eyes welled up with painful tears. He then let me go, not saying a word. He left me as I sunk down to my knees staring up at the chandelier, blinking back my tears. I was so confused and surprised and hurt all at once. I knew Owen could sometimes be a little bit of a prick when drunk, but never like this. I'd always been quick and strong enough to defend myself. But that was when I was sober.

Drunk me couldn't defend for shit.

I looked down at my right arm, a bruise slowly forming just above the inside of my elbow. I held my left hand on it, covering it and I got up and walked back to the stairs leading to the party. I let a few slow breaths in and out, controlling my breathing and then I stepped out, like nothing happened.

Like Owen hadn't just hurt me physically.

Oh shut up Sadie. He didn't hit you or anything. It was most likely a mistake. Suck. It. Up.