Accompanied trip

The next couple of days were a blur. It literally consisted of the hospital, Ellie, home and training. But to be fair I really did not mind. It's like things became normal for a second. Mattie seemed to get weaker by the minute but he always had a big smile on his face, especially when he saw the Abigail girl sitting right across from him during his chemo every time he went. He had got as far as to getting her number, he now messages her non-stop. She told him she had got leukaemia now for the 3rd time. The first time at 4 and the second at 10 and now 16. It really opened my eyes to how bad a cancer patient really has it.

Jamie had gone back to school a few days ago after his suspension due to fighting. He would have got a longer suspension if I wasn't his sister. They still call my parents on a daily basis asking about their daughter- me- that went to their school FIVE years ago. I do not know how Jamie feels about Matt right now, he doesn't really talk to him much. All he really does is go to school, goes football training and then goes to bed. Hopefully they sort it out whilst I'm gone.

You guessed it, it's leaving day. And today luckily I have my right hand woman Ellie. We'd already cleared it with the midwife and hospital that she'd be fit to fly. She's extremely ecstatic today as she is finally allowed to fulfil her dream of flying in a private jet, 4 whole suitcases are stood beside her as she leans on one of them. She seems to have brought clothes for every occasion, trying her very best to hide her small forming baby bump. Her bump is rather small for carrying twins but the midwife had said everyone is different. Ellie had signed off from med school for the week as she was "ill". Yeah totally. But I mean I can't complain. It means I'll have someone, especially at this strange time. You know... Charles and Lando. But mainly Charles.

"See you later sweetie. We'd all love to come but with Matt right now we just can't." My mum says pitifully, I nodded my head understandingly. Mum would hate for Matt to become ill abroad especially due to his diagnosis. Jamie still has school aswell, so it's fairly understandable. "It's fine mum. See you later kiddos don't have to much fun without me." I shout over to them as they sat on the steps at the front of the house. I walk over to both of them and give them a hug one by one, crouching down a little further for Matt as he put his dainty arms around me. "And me too." Ellie playfully pushes me out the way giving Mattie a hug and then Jamie. She whispers something in his ear and his expression changed from unbothered to quite the opposite. Hm I wonder what that's about.

The taxi behind me honks again for the 100th time. I grit my teeth and mutter under my breath before turning to face the driver and give him a thumbs up. "We better go El." I say as I walk towards my parents for the last time and give them a tight hug. Jamie is already helping Ellie put the bags in the boot of the car. The driver hadn't even helped, definitely not giving him a good review. Much to my surprise Mattie was also trying his very best to help. In his dressing gown he managed to pick the bag up before Jamie ran over and took it from him. Matt stood there just staring at Jamie carrying it to the car. I knew what he was thinking. "Why can't I do that?"

I ruffle Matts hair as I walk towards the black BMW. He pushes my hand off and gives me a small smile. Soon I'm sat in the car shouting "bye" nearly 100 times from out of the window before the cab driver closed it. I scoffed "nearly took my head off." Ellie laughs out loud and soon we was turning out of my road to then get to Stanstead Airport. "So Ellie." I turn left in my seat towards her giving her a smile as she does the same, "what did you say to my brother that made him so wide-eyed?"

"Oh I just told him to get his fucking act together and start being nice to his twin or I'd kill him in his sleep." She says so casually as she sat back, resting her head on the leather head rest. Typical Ellie always playing bad cop. Even when they was babies she used to make them make up with the most gruesome consequences. Usually making the boys cry and blamed it on me to my mum and dad. She's a good friend to them though she'd fight anyone, even me, if they made them upset. Considering she has no siblings they are basically like HER brothers. And have been for nearly the last 16 years. Since she was 7.

I turned to the window of my car, staring at every high-end designed houses that were owned by millionaires. My mind switches to my inner thoughts:

In approximately 2 days I'm going to have to race against everyone again. I knew all eyes would be intently fixed on me. Great!