Route of the problem

"Hello Sadie take a seat for me please." Wolff says as I timidly walk in awaiting my fate. I hadn't even paid attention to the members within the room until I sat down.

The only thing I felt in that moment was surprise. My jaw became rigid at the sight of the two men sat in front of me.

Their faces were bruised and bloody.

Charles leant back in his chair seemingly feeling uncomfortable too. Lando on the other hand had a strong look of fury in his eyes. His body was sat facing me but he was staring intently at Charles.

If looks could kill I'd say Charles would be dead already by now. I saw Leclerc's subtle gulp at the tensioned situation and I nearly burst out laughing.

Shut up Sadie. Keep cool.

I throw away any unserious thoughts in my head and revert my gaze back to Wolff who was also sat with the leader of McLaren and Ferrari.

Each of the men's hands were firmly clasped together - each of their jaws were tight.

It seemed as though all three of us were in deep shit.

"What happened today is inexcusable." The team leader of Ferrari suddenly stands up in-front of the marble table before us. "You have put formula one and our team's reputations on the line here." He gestures towards the other bosses.

The whole room falls silent. No one knew what to do or say.

But then again Lando always had a reason for something.

"In all fairness, Sadie has nothing to do with this..." he starts before Brown (leader of Mclaren) cuts him off.

"I'll have you know, most of the fights and drama are down to her. She is the antagonist here."

My mouth opened wide I was entirely speechless. My brain told me to have a go at him - this is not my fault. But my heart told me different - maybe he is right. I keep making the two people I love fight.

Am I a horrible person?

"She is not!" Norris starts to raise his voice and the bodyguards soon saunter their way over.

"Zak, your a good friend of mine. Miss Brando is not the culprit here. Yes - there's lots of drama but she didn't ask for the boys to fight." Wolff pipes up which makes me confused all of a sudden.

Toto. The - Toto Wolff - is backing me up.

Just as Binotto is about to chime in the man-child decides to make a stand.

"Let's all take a break. Cool down." He says whilst completely staring at me the whole time. No emotion was shown on his face.

His left eye was bloodshot - bruises and cuts were visibly seen on his head. Especially cheekbones.

I then glance down to his hands.

They were light red and darker on the knuckles but his weren't as bad as the boy next to him.

I even began to feel sorry for Charles. Lando's hands were completely bloodied even his elbows were forming bruises.

Did Norris really hate Leclerc this much? What did he do?

The three men at the top of the table extract me from my thoughts. And ironically enough they all stood up at once with their hands clasped in-front of them.

"Now we have no idea what has happened. But this can never happen again. Your putting all reputations at risk here. Grow up the lot of you!" Binotto says sharply as he makes his way to the exit, "Leclerc!"

Leclerc rolls his eyes and reluctantly gets out of his seat, he's slow to get to the door. He limps to leave when he nearly falls over.

My reflexes screamed at me to put my hands out - which I did. He automatically takes his rough hands in mine to steady himself. Once he's stable he looks up from the floor to me.

Oh the art of eye contact.

Those big green eyes of his.

A throat was cleared and we both snapped back to reality.

God, how i've missed his touch.

He let go and turned around like nothing had happened and hobbled out of the office. Leaving the rest of us alone.

The whole room was dead silent.

Shit! Did everyone just watch that happened?

My head moved to face back to the others. Norris' jaw was clenched like it was about to snap any minute and the two other men just sat back on their chairs - completely confused.

"Right well... We better be leaving Sadie." Wolff announces as he gets up out of his chair.

Thank God he understands the room.

I waste no time in getting up with him. Ready to leave this place and go back home.

"Hey Sadie..." Lando starts before I stop him dead in his tracks.

I knew he was going to apologise for dragging me into this but with what has gone on I didn't necessarily need an apology.

I am the route of the problem. All drama within F1 is based solely around me. And I knew it. Everyone did.

"Not right now Lando. I'll see you next race." I reply to him gently before swinging the door shut.

I let out a massive sigh as me and Wolff strolled back down the long hallway.

"You know for a second there I thought you was going to drop me." I started to joke but regretted even saying anything when I saw the expression on the man's face.

It was very stern looking, not overly emotional.

Yup, I should've just bit my tongue.

"I almost did Sadie."

Bingo.

"Oh." Is all i could muster up to say back to him.

"Oh indeed."

I knew this was going to piss him off but I really needed someone to tell me straight...

"On a scale of one to ten how fucked am I? In terms of media?"

"Oh i'd say ... infinity." Wolff replies with a nervous laugh.

"Haha, haha, ha- Oh shit."