Chapter 27

Chapter 27

:Tanner/Blade/Zachary

 Waking up I knew today would be different I couldn’t explain why but as I got dressed I rolled my shoulders and glanced at the calendar that I had started to mark the days of her abduction.  Five weeks. We had came close to tracking the man that had her, that bastard, but we had lost him each time we came close to capturing him. It was frustrating.

‘Your going to ware yourself out Tanner’ glancing up as I walked out of my room I rolled my eyes. ‘eat something’ Lex ordered firmly. Flinching I nodded as she handed me a sandwich. Her hands were on her hips as she glared at me as if she was going to make sure I ate. Groaning I opened it up and took a bit. Chewing she hardened her glare till I had the whole sandwich gone. My stomach accepted it gratefully being the only thing I had eaten for two days.

‘thanks’

‘and Tanner’ she grinned up at me her eyes bright.

‘ya?’

‘Sophia’s in the building east wing looking like a bad ass hunter.’ She muttered slyly. ‘and rumor has it she’s demanding to see you’ my heart picked up and I was breezing past her in a rush. ‘good luck’

I didn’t know if I should trust her, she could be playing a job but I didn’t care if Sophia was here then nothing else mattered. Running I found her quickly her back was too me. my breath caught in my throat as I walked up to her and wrapped my arms around her burying my face in her neck. ‘Sophia’

A chuckle filled the air as she turned in my arms I she hid her eyes from me as she kept her face in my chest. Suddenly a sharp pain filled my chest as I looked down finding her hand tight around a handle of a knife that was buried in my stomach. Blinking as she looked up to me I looked into those cold grey eyes she looked so different as she pulled her knife out of me my blood seeping down her fingers. Glancing down at the wound I covered it with my hand. ‘fool’ her voice cut through my heart and hurt as much as the wound she had dealt to me.

‘I don’t understand Sophia why?’

‘I’m not Sophia’ she answered simply. ‘My name is Cecilia’ She was Sophia her looks her voice, but not her attitude not Sophia…she looked like her but wasn’t her it was like someone had control of my Sophia. I watched her cold glare waver slightly. Glancing down at her hand I watched in shock as the blade slipped out from between her fingers clattering on the ground. Raising her hand to her eyes I watched as her face twisted into a tormented gaze as it jerked back up to me. ‘tanner’ the word slipped out coming in a wavering whimper  till I couldn’t hear her heart no more she gave a scream as she covered her face with her hands stumbling away from me bumping into Bentley the hunter that must have came with her.

Glancing up at him I watched the innocent hurt look leave her eyes. ‘it was too soon to attack’ he whispered to her as he wrapped an arm around her. I couldn’t believe my eyes. What had just happened. ‘come Cecilia lets go back home’

‘I have to finish my job Father will be mad’ she bit out as she went to lung at me.

Tightening an arm around her I gave a growl making him smirk at me. ‘you came against your fathers orders’ he gave her neck a kiss revealing a purple mark his mark on her skin. Growling I lunged at them planning on moving Sophia side only to have him push her behind him. Blinking in shock when he jabbed up with his fist I felt the air rush out of my lungs he chuckled against my ear. ‘you don’t have to worry she’s in good hands in my bed every night’ everything went black but his words echoed through my mind. My Sophia…I had lost her…I failed…