chapter twelve

I arrived at the gym about 15 minutes before we needed to be wanting to make sure I had warmed up properly before talking to brad about the plan for today's workout. the gym at the hotel wasn't busy there were just a few people, I believe from other teams. I started my usual warm up, stretching out my legs by sitting in the splits and leaning forward so my body was laying against the ground.

"I thought I'd come and give you a heads up. he wants to do arms today" pierre crouched down in front of me, his tank revealing his tone arms and I couldn't help but let my eyes linger.

"wait, what?" I sat back both my legs still stretched out as he mirrored my stance in front of me.

"I wouldn't be stretching your legs as much. I overheard max talking to brad, he wants to try and beat you this week. they're wanting to do his shoulder workout" I groaned leaning back onto my elbows. of course he would. "I can help you warm up before they get here"

"please" I pouted. he stood from the ground, offering his hand to help me up.

he grabbed a barbell without any weights on it and passed it to me "put it behind your back" he moved behind me placing his hands on top of mine, sending goose bumps up my arms. "just move your hands slightly further apart" he grabbed a second barbell for himself, moving to stand in front of me again. he lifted the barbell away from his back as he leant forward. I took a second to admire his back muscles that were visible before following his actions. instantly feeling the stretch between my shoulder blades.

"he would pick stupid fucking exercises he knows I can't do" I muttered under my breath, not realising that I was vocalising the thoughts that were running through my head.

"both too competitive for your own good" he laughed standing back up straight.

I tried to keep my mind focused as pierre took me through some other stretches, but with his hands constantly touching me in different places, it was hard. we spoke briefly about his commitments for the coming week and he was pleased to know that I was attending the driver's dinner tonight, reminding me of the dinner we had back in Bahrain. we were finishing up with some light yoga stretches when the doors to the gym were pushed open.

"the crew are on their way up now" lando spoke walking through the door with max, who's eyes were focused on the two of us. his expression was blank, not seeming happy to be here. well neither was I.

"I don't think your little boyfriend would be happy to see this" his tone was harsh. there was still complete silence from ben and I was trying not to get my hopes up. I had messaged him this morning saying I hope he was home safe and that I made it to italy, but still nothing. I knew that he was going to be straight back into training with the end of the season nearing but that didn't mean that he wasn't able to reply to a text.

pierre leaned forward leaving only inches between us "don't let him push you too hard today."

"he'll have it twice as bad on my week" my eyes met max's as pierre and I began laughing, knowing that he would struggle to keep up if I pushed him hard enough.

after brad arrived at the gym with the dts crew, we went over the routine and started to set up all the equipment. the dts crew took this time to focus on the two drivers as they went through their respective warm up routines. pierre moved to the other side of the gym where pyry had been waiting for him. I sat to the side of the floor and pulled out my phone to check if ben had messaged yet, but there was still nothing.

I took the next few minutes to sneak a few photos of lando to post later today, knowing that his fans would be thankful. being around the same age as most of his fans, I knew better than anyone how to cater to the female gaze and his fans seem to be loving the new content that we were putting out this year. I think a lot of the other drivers have also been embracing this as well. cue the thirst traps!