Chapter 32

Vance

We were walking back when the kids decided they wanted to get snacks from the store.

They called it the Grab N' Go and said it was THE place to go for snacks and drinks.

So, off we went.

Entering the store, I could smell the sugar and sweaty kids.

I looked around, all of them went off to find what they wanted, Bruce offered to pay.

I walk down the aisles, stopping a few times to look at a certain bag of chips or some sticks of meat. I'd never seen most of these snacks before.

Candy...... Cookies........ Chips........ Meat sticks......... Flavored water.......... They have a lot of stuff here. Brightly colored too.

I see Griffin sitting on the ground with two bags of chocolate brand, Kit Kat. I was confused as to where he got and why he had a calculator with him.

"R u trying to figure out which bag is less money?" I ask.

He looks up at me with a weird facial expression, "What? Fuck no, if Rue's paying, u gotta drain his wallet. Bitch is rich as fuck. I'm tryna figure out which one is both more money AND a waste of money bc I won't be eating all of these, that's for sure." He snorts at the end.

I tuck my lips between my teeth and nod slowly, "Mhmm, I see...." I slowly back away and enter a different aisle.

NASA and Robin were looking at the sodas, arguing about which is better. Orange or purple.

"Robin, no one likes grape Fanta, orange is the best AND it's the original, everyone loves it!" NASA rolled his eyes.

"Por favor, what bullshit! Grape isn't bad and a lot of ppl like it! Ay, Finney, just grab ur soda and go get ur snack, I'm not even paying, it's Bruce that is paying! Vete. Go." He grabs the orange bottle and hands it to NASA, closing the door and pulling him away.

I spot a machine in the corner of the store. It looked fun, so I went up to it. It looked old and run down but u could still see the object of the game. It looked interesting, I might come back here some other time to play.

"Not gonna get anything, V?" I turn around, Crookey's smiling at me.

He has 2 candy bars, a canned soda, and a bag of chips in his hands.

They really do get whatever they want.

I shrug, "I don't know what to get. I've never seen these snacks before so idk what's good." I look at the variety of canned sodas to my right.

He laughs, "Sweet or salty?" He says.

I look at him again, "What?"

He shakes his head, still smiling, "Do u like sweet things or salty things? Maybe something in between?"

I look down in embarrassment, "Uh- sweet. Yeah, sweet things." I say, looking up and giving a small smile. Heat reaching my cheeks.

He laughs and gives a nod, "Come on then, I'll show u what the good sweets r." He motions me to follow him and walks off.

I follow him like a lost puppy, with my hands behind my back, and we pass by Griffin again.

Billy gives him a little kick and Griffin yelps in shock, glaring at him as we continued walking.

I huff out again, entertained greatly.

"Ya like candy?" He asks.

I nod softly.