Chapter 5: Truth

"Hwa jababatalala." Gene spoke as he sipped some tea.

Tara looked up at the purple genie as she shrugged, "I don't know, but we can't take any chances. Their agents can be anywhere. I have plenty of reason to be suspicious of that man."

Gene placed his hand on his chin as he looked at his magic lamp, hopping.

The boy entered the tent as he greeted Gene, "No signs of the corp...I have doubts now." The boy said solemnly.

Gene patted his lamp and it started hopping and flying into the air. A burst of magic smoke appeared and it showed Jade but in shadow, placing a shard into a container and pressing buttons on a keyboard.

Tara and the boy stood and watched quietly as the scene shifted.

Jade was holding on to a table but it tore off from something and he disappeared.

The logo of the brawlers appeared and Jade was shown beside it. A line of smoke broke the two apart and Jade turned away.

The smoke went back to the lamp as Gene closed it. "Jwah, kalala menulaa."

"Not from this world? What do you mean?" The boy asked.

"Sandy, I have a feeling that something very abnormal is happening right now," Tara suggested as she looked at her cards.

"This occurrence of this person may not be a coincidence. I say this is the doing of the corp." a tint of rage in her voice as she flipped down a tarot card.

The boy, now named Sandy, nodded in approval. "Maybe they sent him here? He seemed quite aggressive. Maybe he was drugged by the corp?"

Before further discussions continued, Gene silenced them, for another presence had found them.

5 minutes ago...

Jade woke up in a panic as sweat dipped on his head. He looked around and found himself in a tent. "They kidnapped me! How insulting!"

He summoned a dagger and chopped the ropes off him. "No rope will stop me, too primitive to work on a superior like me." Jade tattled.

He summoned five daggers that surrounded him in a ring as he glared intensely forward, menacing eyes brewing with rage.

"When I say you'll regret this, I'll make sure you will."

With that, he proceeded towards the other parts of the tent, in search of his captors.