Chapter 12: Colette

Jade woke up with a jolt as he sweated from the nightmare he had. It was about him having strings tied to him and not going home. The puppeteer was not seen but all he could feel was a constant weight pressing him down. He also felt pain and hopelessness and...he decided to stop thinking about it.

He quickly cleared his mind and dismissed the nightmare, "No one puppets me. I'm the master of my own story."

Jade realized that he hadn't washed up in quite a while, so he went to the bathroom and took a quick shower.

A few minutes later, he was looking around, trying to find the toothbrush. He quickly found it and took some time to rinse his mouth.

After finishing his washing up, he waddled to his bag and took out some spare clothing, it was a traveler bag after all.

Suiting up, he swept off his backpack and slung his rifle over his shoulder. He found his keys and inserted them in the lock before turning and unlocking the door.

The first thing that greeted him at the front door was some girl with white hair and an unsettling grin.

"Hello! I'm Colette! So nice to meet you! You're new here right? Can I have your autograph?" The new girl chattered, seeming to bounce every time she spoke.

Jade gave an 'Ugh' look in disgust as he stepped aside, "Slow down there girl, I'm just taking myself around the place. Get some fresh air yo-"

"OH MY GOD! CAN I BE YOUR TOUR GUIDE? *breathe* I can totally bring you around! Everyone here knows me!"

Jade stepped back, "Uhh...no?" He shook his head. This lady is weird as hell.

Colette gave puppy eyes, "C'mon buddy! Just this once? I promise I won't make you look like a fool! Besides, someone would need to help talk others into getting to know you right?" Colette begged.

Jade gave slit eyes, looking to the side before rolling his eyes and giving 'Fine' as an answer.

"YAY!" The girl jumped before taking Jade's hand and dragging him out of his apartment.

"Don't touch me!" Jade yanked his hand away. Colette smiled and let her hands away, "Alright! You remind me of Edgar!"

"Who?" Jade asked as he locked the door.

"You'll find out later!" The unusually excited girl replied.