Chapter 54: Jade V Astro

As Jade boosted himself off the ground, the brawlers below fought against their enemies.

Pam grabbed the head of a robot and whacked it off with a wrench. She looked up and saw Jade preparing for flight as his hands and boots radiated waves of energy, allowing flight.

"I'll see you on the other side!" Jade shouted before zooming away towards the direction of the Founder's landing site.

Pam turned to the brawlers who were finishing off the guards, "Alright brawlers! We still have a chance to win this war!" She turned to Poco, Byron, Gus and a few other support brawlers.

"Supports, with me! Fighters, fend any incoming enemies off and defend Jade at all costs!"

The brawlers cheered in approval before charging towards Jade's direction.

...

Jade searched around before seeing a veil of smoke surrounding a crater.

"Found him."

He landed softly before summoning an arsenal of blades behind him.

As he shuffled forward, a sudden flash of yellow light sent a high-velocity star towards Jade.

He dodged it and took a glance at the smoke as Astro leaped out high from the smoke and held his star blade up. He slashed down and a star the size of a windmill descended towards Jade.

The deafening roar of the landing of the star echoed in Jade's senses as he took off before sending a volley of swords down.

Astro blocked and weaved before he hovered on a star-shaped platform.

The two eyed each other as they stood a distance from each other in the sky.

"We can do this with negotiation, Jade. I assure you that it will be a lot less painful."

Jade could feel the power of the shard moving uncontrollably in his gauntlet.

"Negotiations should have been done a long time ago!"

Astro scoffed, "Naive fool!"
The founder made the first move as he sailed towards Jade, sword in hand.

Jade parried with his gauntlet before pushing the attacking blade down, he punched Astro in the face before pivoting to the back of Astro and summoning a sword to his neck.

He slashed at Astro's neck before free falling.
As he dropped, he summoned a legion of blades like spears pointing upwards.

Astro clutched his neck, but it gave minimal damage to him. He dropped his head down to see a wave of swords flying towards him.

With the movement of his hands, he netted out a large star shield that grew in size.

The bright star flew downwards as it soaked up the incoming blades.

"You don't know my pain, Jade! The people you are saving...they are not what you think!"

Jade felt the shard flicker before powering it up and coating his hand-held blade with the power of the shard.

"Walk with me..." he whispered to the shard before slashing the air as a rift appeared.

Following that, he threw his sword like a pilum beside the impending star.

Another rift appeared as Jade entered through the two portals, catching Astro by surprise as he fired a stream of projectiles towards his enemy.

Astro tried repelling the attacks with his shield but a heavier collision knocked him back. Jade pushed his shield aside before grabbing his neck and holding him against the moonlight. Swords surrounded the two as they whirled towards Astro in rapid motion.

He was impaled by many swords but managed a desperate movement as he stabbed Jade in the arm with a syringe from his suit.

Jade gasped at the attack as a blur filled his vision. "No..."

He plummeted from the air, as with his swords.

Astro chuckled as he pulled blades out from his body, "It'd be taking more than that to kill me."

...

"Let's rock some tunes!"

A wave of musical energy engulfed the area as Poco strummed a sleek and cleansing tune.

Jade awoke from the effects of the poison and immediately spun back to his feet and teleported with the shard.

"Safe my regards!"

Astro received the fatal blow from Jade as a piece of his starrpark helmet flew off. Without time to recover, Jade grabbed his neck yet again and stabbed him through his stomach with a blade before summoning another and kicking him back.

"The brawlers fight alongside me!"

He used dual blades and slashed with lighting-fast strikes.

Before he could deliver another blow, a flash of black suddenly knocked him out of flight.

He recovered his disorientation before looking up to see a familiar face. "Well, I fight alongside the founder." Timone jeered.

The blond cyborg tossed Jade like a baseball, hurling into the ground below.

Jade crashed into the earth. Kneeling down, he felt a burning sensation on his back. His eyes darted around to find the swift robot, and in a quick turn of events, managed to locate the aggressive bodyguard.

Jade blocked the attack from Timone as he was pushed back, feet dragging on the earthy battlefield.

The two knocked each other back, away from each other.

"So you returned, friend...with the shard." Timone commented as he polished his bladed hands.

Jade huffed as he responded, "I came back with reason. And said reason is certainly not to give you the shard!"

Challenged by the cyborg, Jade readied his attacks.