Chapter 28: Request

A few weeks passed by as Jade recovered his stamina at home. The news about the defeat of the boss was going viral and Jade had predicted that many people would come asking him for questions.

He would often deny them and slam the door before returning to bed, seeing that they are normal people and have nothing better to do than to annoy their neighbors.

When Jade finally recuperated enough, he finally left his bed to go out(he had been ordering from home)...and just have some fun.

He immediately went to the brawling lobby, and placed a 'looking for a team' beacon.

A few brawlers like Lou and Edgar joined his team to talk with him more. "You know Jade, when you first came to the Snowtel, why didn't you show your true power? I'm confused." Lou asked.

"Well, seeing that I'm now rather famous here, as a newcomer, Starrpark would probably be out for my blood now." Jade replied casually.

Edgar came into the conversation, "I'm sure you'd be strong enough to defend yourself...I mean, what you showed weeks ago was basically turning hardcore in helping Max. You really didn't have to do that."

Jade stopped, "Seriously? 'Didn't have to do that' are you serious?" Jade was about to argue more but he just waved it off.

Edgar shrugged, "Suits you, but I have to say—what you did then, was cool."

During the brawls, Jade had tried to use his swords. It was allowed as he had resigned his abilities—reworking his way of fighting. He still does occasionally use his gun.

After brawling for about an hour, the three left and parted ways. Jade was collecting his rewards at the lobby counter when a young voice called him...

"Hey Mr. Jade! I need to talk to you!" Jade turned to face the voice and saw a boy in a green chameleon hoodie, "Oh Leon. What's up?"

Leon crossed his arms, I guess it's time.

"Follow me to the training cave, I want to discuss something."