Chapter 41: Alleyway

Jade trooped down the streets of Retropolis after aiding Bull's gang in a conflict between two gangs. Jade had his hands free of any work anyways, so he agreed to help.

The scientist placed his hand on his face as he rubbed his face in exhaustion from the day's work. He had fought the opposing gang in hand-to-hand combat and was bruised over his body. Checking the cuts and bruises on his right hand, the pain didn't really faze him. He took out the canister he used on Sandy that day and was already thinking of duplicating more healing sprays as he had already used up all of the ones he packed.

Jade looked around in an attempt to find any drug store/pharmacy to buy the required medical supplies.Of course, Retropolis doesn't have those stores. Only black deals and...drug dealing. Jade shook his head and continued on, no way is he going into black market dealing. Clutching his jacket and moving quickly, he didn't want to stay in the dark for long.

...

Timone had discharged himself for personal reasons and made his way to Retropolis, "Jade, hmm...a man of many talents. I could use his help."

Timone reached the dark alleyways of Retropolis, seeing eyes and figures lurking in the shadows—watching. Ignoring the stalkers, he briskly left the place, but shortly after, saw his target.

Jade was walking with his head down, not making any eye contact with anyone. Unlike his previous arrival in Retropolis, people confronted him. Now, it was awfully quiet. Too quiet.

Jade felt white noise creeping in, and tried to suppress it.

Maybe it was because they saw his power? Or maybe because it was late...or maybe...

"Hey."

Jade stopped and looked around, "Who said that?" He scanned his surroundings before backing up.

"I'm here. Down the alleyway."

Jade retraced his steps before stopping at the alleyway, "I still can't see you mate." He scoffed.

"Come on down then, we can meet."

Jade shook his head, "Not practical." He put on his glasses(which he had repaired) and turned on the light, revealing Timone hiding behind a pipe. From the bust of light, Timone flinched away, "Come mon'! Not so bright!"

Jade was confused, but was pulled in by Timone shortly after. Startling Jade he quickly interrogated, "Who the hell are you?" Jade asked before brandishing his shotgun and pointing it towards Timone, who was wearing a black beanie, masking his blonde hair.

The helpless man raised his hands up in denial, "Whoa! Calm down there. It's just me, Timone. The new brawler in town!" He used two fingers and tilted Jade's aim to the side and made sure to stand out of the barrel's way. He then took out his beanie, revealing his hair matching his face.

Jade lowered his rifle, "Timone? You are the new guy? What the bloody hell are you doing here?"

Wearing back his beanie, Timone gave a distressed look, "Hey! I went around Brawltopia trying to find you alright? I need your help." Timone said as he bounced slightly.

Jade lifted his rifle and rested it on his shoulder, "Uh huh. And what is that?"

Timone lifted his finger, signaling to wait before searching his black uniform and taking out a clothed canister.

Jade examined it suspiciously before feeling his mechanical arm having forced acting on it. Jade has his suspicions, but was in disbelief.

Try enough, when Timone unclothed the canister, it had the remaining two shards inside.

Jade's eyes went dark, "Where. The hell. Did. You. Get. That?" Timone backed up to the wall, "Whoa there buddy...I can explain—just don't freak out..."

Jade summoned a sword before placing it at Timone's neck, "ANSWER ME! Or I carve this blade STRAIGHT into your neck!"

Timone's breathing intensifies, "Look! I-I c-can explain! Just please don't kill me! I stole it from Starr park! They had them in their possession! I escaped, remember? They should have written that in the news!" He explained all in one breath.

Jade had almost lost his morals before looking into the anxious man's eyes and realising his mistake. He looked aside before stepping back and dropping his sword, "Sorry. I let my desperation get to me. Explain and Describe. Now."

Still hostile, Jade awaited response.