Chapter 42: Shady Dealings

"So Starrpark has many brawlers inside their facility, you know that right?" Timone started. Jade nodded and wrote it down on his clipboard.

Jade then raised an eyebrow, "Two things. 1. Where is the facility? 2. Starr park is still out there making brawlers?"

Timone's expression grew grim, "Yes. There is...unfortunately."

"I woke up shortly after the experiment, but I wasn't controlled. Using my weapons, I managed to cut through my prison easily as they had not fully understood my powers yet."

Timone then showed Jade his sword, but actually his sword was connected to his wrist—like an extension from his arm, "My weapon is actually part of me. I didn't want to show this to Pam as I thought it may freak them out."

Jade nodded, understanding, "I had the same situation as you heheh."

"While I was running by, I saw the crystals in some sort of machine. Starrpark wanted all their resources to be concentrated on making their brawler army. So security wasn't as tight—they are basically a resistance after all. So I swoop the shards in my escape."

Timone showed the shards, "I know you want the shards Jade. But in my time recovering, I read about you and Brawl Stars. We need your help. Through everyone's profile, I saw you as the one opportunity to eliminate Starrpark. You are strong enough."

Jade was taken aback by the comment, "And how does that relate to the shards?"

Timone clenched his fist and kept the shards, "Right now I have two shards. Two missions. That's all I ask. Infiltrate Starrpark—gather info, and attack with everyone. I know starrpark's location, just radio me and I'll give directions."

Jade's eyes went spiteful, "And how do I know you aren't gonna just lure me into a trap?"

Timone rolled his eyes, "Are you serious? I literally ran from Starrpark. I'm not strong enough to go there, that's why I'm sending you! Anyways, you can fly right? I was gonna select Crow but you have better area control. So you were fit for the job."

Jade leaned back on the wall behind him, "Fine. But once I'm done with the first one, you give me the first shard. And that also applies to the second one."

Timone nodded optimistically, "We got a deal?"

Jade rolled his eyes, "Deal."