Chapter 50: So long friend...

Pam continued chasing Jade in the forest as she ignored the thorns and vines that cut and blocked her. Jade was just pushing through and his figure shrinking every second.

"Jade stop!"

...No reply...

Jade tilted his head forwards as he ran even faster, and Pam realised the sound of war had slowly faded away the further they drifted away from the battlefield.

...

Jade was amazed how long Pam could keep up, but that's not going to stop him.

Ahead, the barrier off Brawl Stars stood, and Jade quickly used the Shard to power up a momentous jump.

Jumping past the barrier, Jade halted to check for the Scrapyard.

Pam swiftly went to the front gates and scanned her keycard, and the doors slowly pulled open. Pulling the doors open roughly, Pam made a gap for her to squeeze through before seeing Jade's silhouette making it towards the scrapyard.

Putting the two pieces together, realisation hit her—Jade was trying to leave with the Shards.

Pam began her sprint again, only hoping she could stop the desperate scientist in time.

...

Jade punched through the doors of the scrapyard, straight through with his mechanical hand and Shards.

Smashing through one last door, behind it stood the Portal he had built along with Pam.

Without hesitation, he placed the Shard into the canister of the portal and powered it

Hearing Pam's cries for cessation, and quickly kneeled on the ground before pulling up a wall of swords to block Pam out.

Sweat trickled down Jade's forehead as he sustained the wall and typed at the same time.

Conditions:
Terrascore Stability— 3 or more
Inhabitants: Present
Resources— Medium
Distance— Adjacent Universe

Direct transport to: Jade Mechimpian's office, Percy's landed Ship.

ENTER

Jade took a glance at the portal as it opened with blue and purple space hue.

He looked at Pam who was banging at the door, "Jade! Don't do this! We need you...we need..."

Jade was staring at Pam but sighed.

Pam stopped her communications as he noticed something about him.

Jade carried a pained expression, something showed helplessness and desperation, a heavy load carrying a heavy headache. Jade had sweat all over his head, but not only sweat trickled down his face, but a few beads of tears trickled down. Seeing this, the previously lost and immoral scientist now felt guilty for his selfish choice. He was surprised on his natural reaction, but replied with a guilt stricken tone,
"This...this is my choice. So long...friend."

As Jade stepped into the portal as the wall of swords slowly lowered.

In a flash, the scientist was gone. Pam kneeled down in front of the portal as she saw the shard pieces slowly disintegrating.

She sighed, "It was his choice. He had the right."

The sound of gun cocking reached Pam's ears as she looked behind her shoulder.

The Corp had arrived.