Chapter 24: Opportunity

It had been about a week and while attempted, Jade hadn't found any bounties or mercenary work. But, logically there wouldn't be as he was in a modern city after all. However, he did see attacks of robots that were similar to that of those in the brawling lobby.

When he tried to help however, there were always 3 heros there to help save the day, if not, there'd be other brawlers that look like civilians to defend themselves. The attacks were never large masses of bots.

One day however, Colette approached Jade while he was walking on a pavement after finishing his quests.

"Hi Jade!" Colette greeted as she jogged to walk beside him.

Jade heard her greet and gave a simple, "Hey." Without turning his head. Colette went beside the man who was continually facing forward, "I heard you need a job."

"Not really, but it'd help for extra money." Jade replied.

Colette did a thumbs up, "I have just what you need! Come with me!" Jade shrugged, "Sure, if you insist."

He was free the whole day anyway. His current balance was not enough to afford for the next part of the portal.

It did it take long before the two arrived at a shop. Jade noticed the title was "Brawl Stars Gift Shop" with a previous 'Starr park' crossed out in black.

Colette pulled Jade past the glass door as a clinging of bells were heard. Edgar was at the counter scrolling his phone before looking up and seeing Colette and Jade.

Colette went to the counter smiling as she greeted Edgar, "Hey Ed! I got ya a drink!" She passed the teenager a can of liquid Jade didn't recognise.

"Heh...thanks I guess." Edgar replied before opening the can.

"Did you happen to see Griff around? Jade needs to see him." Jade objected, "I didn't say that..."

Edgar pointed into the back of the store into the employees only room. Colette smiled before turning to Jade, "Just wait here! I'll be right back!"

Jade nodded before taking a seat.