Chapter 60: The Last Path

Astro tried to close his right fist as the beam flickered from his hand. His constant source of power had opened a large portal of doom that had started to pull things towards it, like a black hole.

"That's good." Astro thought before making haste towards the running brawlers.

Every few seconds, Astro's body would be glowing with brighter light before teleporting him forwards. It wasn't long before Astro had reached attacking range.

...

Pam led the team forwards, and she had been sprinting for some time. Many brawlers had stopped to catch their breath or were left behind.

The founder had shot a beam towards the brawlers, and some of them were unfortunately caught and disintegrated.

The remaining brawlers continued, even if the pain at heart was near unbearable.

"Get back here!" The echoing, monstrous voice shouted.

Frank, after seeing his friend's nephew left behind. Then seeing his "best" friend being destroyed by the founder, had enough.

He roared before jumping towards the founder with his hammer.

The two were delayed as the brawlers continued their push towards Starrpark.

Max boosted the team up as they ran quicker.

Bibi and Crow stopped as they saw the founder approaching.

"You guys go on ahead! I've got some vengeance to serve." Crow said fearlessly.

Crow jumped and landed on the founder's neck, before stabbing him with nine more blades.

The founder grabbed his neck, but felt slowed as the poison irritated his body. A force then knocked him back.

"This is what you get for killing my boss!" Bibi yelled before swinging a flurry of attacks at the founder.

"ENOUGH."

The founder teleported forwards before throwing the two bikers into the air, causing them to float up and into the portal.

The founder teleported forwards but crashed into a wall of plants. He hovered backwards before teleporting through, only to be met with a huge stinger flying straight towards his face.

Bea shot another stinger and slowed the founder down...before he swiped up a wake of stars that stabbed at Sprout and Bea, taking them out.

"STOP!"

The founder zapped nearby the brawlers as many of them were blasted away from each other.

"Keep running Pam! Surge and I will buy as much time as possible!"

Max overcharged her powers before teleporting towards the founder and kicking him, "You aren't the only one that can teleport!"

Pam coughed before standing up and accelerating forwards.

Max and Surge used skirmishing tactics with their attacks as they hit and ran.

"OUT OF MY WAY!"

The founder grabbed Surge and literally snapped his neck.

Max felt her chest suddenly tighten as she struggled to breathe. "You'll...you'll pay for that!"

"I ALREADY DID!"

The founder blasted Max with a beam before continuing forwards.

The last few brawlers reached Starrpark as they entered. The interior was unsurprisingly quiet, but that changed when the roof of the building was ripped off. The dome of the main chamber stayed, but was also getting ripped off piece by piece.

Pam saw the generator pulsing green, and the area around it was like an oven from the radiation the generator emitted.

"Cover me!" Pam yelled as she reached a control panel.

Buster pulled his shield up as Fang, Gus, Leon, Colette, Edgar, Lou, Jacky and the mystics spread out.

Buster stood beside Pam and Jessie, shielding them.

Pam was typing as the screen of the control panel wrote, "Time loop ongoing. Lap...37..18...74..."

She furiously tried to work the system out.

*DING*

[STOP LOOP?]

"Yes." Pam said as she pressed enter.

[LOOP CANNOT BE STOPPED WITH CURRENT TIMELINE UNSTABI-]

The machine started glitching out as the founder appeared. Debris flew everywhere as explosions from chemicals in the building blew stuff up.

"YOU KILLED MY BEST FRIEND, NOW YOU WANT TO KILL ME? NEVER!"

The brawlers fought against the founder as the mystics pulled and pushed the founder. Sandy casted a sandstorm to veil the others.

Slowly, the brawlers started being defeated, Gus ran by Buster's side and shielded Pam with Spooky.

She was still debugging the glitched controls and somehow managed to open up the self-destruct option.

[I-IN C-CASE OF EmERGenc-y-e...PR-PRESS...*static*]

Pam pressed the button, and the control panel began a countdown.

Astro, blinded by hate and desperation, attacked...

Pam was pushed out the way, and the generator was hit by the beam. It started vibrating even more, overloading with energy.

"Wait...N-NO! No...no..." Astro stuttered as he saw his body depixelizing. He glowed a bright yellow, masking the green. Another bright light erupted, this time from the generator, concealing and covering the entire place with light.

"NOOOOooooo...."

A few seconds later, an explosion of light disintegrated the founder himself.

For a split second, Pam saw a bright figure of light inside the generator. But Gus's shield couldn't hold that long, and she was also pushed back and knocked out.