3.15

Eclipse

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I dropped the shields around Paul and Jasper. Jasper ran straight over to me and checked me over making sure I was ok.

"Jazz I'm okay" I told him. He looked angrily at Edward. "You could have hurt her" he snapped with a growl.

"She got the best hits" Emmett said. "She's being training with them every time she's down there" Edward said.

"We're done for the day" Carlisle said to the wolves. "Thank you for joining us" he said and the wolves left.

Me, Edward and Jasper go over to Bella. "Jasper is there anything I can do to help" Bella asked him making me roll my eyes.

"Your presence alone, your scent will distract the newborns, their hunting instincts will take over and drive them crazy" he said his arms around me.

"Good I'm glad" Bella said pausing as if thinking. "How do you know so much about this" she asked making me go tense.

"I didn't have quite the same.. upbringing as my adopted siblings" he said as I started to walk away and he followed.

Bella started to follow us. Jasper sighed as he rolled up his sleeve revealing all of his scars from the past. "Those bites, they're like Angel's" Bella said.

"Battle scars. All the training the Confederate Army gave me was useless against the newborns, still I never lost a fight" he said proudly.

"This was during the civil war" Bella asked. "I was the youngest major in the Texas cavalry. All without having seen any real combat until.." he paused. "Until" Bella asked.

"I crossed paths with a certain immortal. Maria" he said. I could feel the bitterness coming off him after saying the world.

"I was riding back to Galveston after evacuating a column of women and children when I saw her. The southern Gentleman that I was I immediately offer her aid" he told her grabbing my hand.

"Maria was creating an army" Bella asked. "I became her second in command. Back then armies were common in the South. There were constant brutal battles for territory" he said.

"Maria won every battle. She was smart, careful and she had me. My ability to control emotions served her well" he said.

"I trained her newborns, an endless occupation since she never let them live beyond their first year. It was my job to dispose of them. I could feel.. everything they felt" Jasper said closing his eyes grabbing me tighter.

"I thought what Maria and I had was love. But I was just her puppet. She pulled the strings. I didn't know there was another way, until I found Alice" Jasper said.

"She saw me coming of course" he said smiling. "Kept me waiting long enough" Alice said smiling at her best friend.

"My apologies ma'am" he said. Then he looked back at Bella. "We were happy as friends of course. We saw Oliver and discovered he was Alice's mate" he said.

"Then the best bit happened. A month before you and Angel came here I had a vision of you both. I saw how happy Jasper was and Rosalie" Alice told her.

"We thought it was rubbish, but then we discovered how amazing you were and how happy you made us, all of us" Jasper said.

"Please don't ever leave me" Jasper said softly. "You're stuck with me until the end of time" I told him as I kissed his nose.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~(End Of Part 15.)~