2.11

New Moon

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few weeks went by. Jacob stopped talking to Bella making her depressed. I felt terrible because I still saw him.

Jacob was furious at me, since I knew the secret and she didn't. I was allowed to know it but my cousin couldn't.

"I'm going for a walk" Bella said. "Where to" I asked. "Why do you care" she snapped at me making me sigh.

She was annoyed with me since the whole Jacob phrasing situation. I couldn't tell her but she didn't understand.

Then she walked out the house. "I'm going to follow her" I told Charlie who nodded his head as a response.

It didn't take me long to find Bella. I stayed hidden. She went to a meadow and smiled a small nearly unnoticeable smile.

I hear a branch snap. Bella turned around, not to me but the other direction. I was curious at what she saw.

"Laurent" she said surprised. "Hello Bella, Angel" Laurent said. I come out of the tree lines and Bella was annoyed.

"I went to visit the Cullens, but their house was empty. I'm surprised they left yous behind. I mean weren't you pets of theirs" he asked.

"Something like that" she said. "Do the Cullens visit often" he asked. "Absolutely. All the time" she lied terribly.

"We'll tell them you stopped by" I said. "I probably shouldn't tell Edward or Jasper because they're super protective" Bella said.

"But they're far away aren't they" Laurent questioned. "Why are you here Laurent" I asked annoyed with his questioning.

"I came as a favour to Victoria. She asked me to see if you both were under the protection of the Cullens" he said.

"Victoria feels it's only fair if she kills both Jasper and Edward's mate giving they killed hers. An eye for an eye" he said.

"Edward would know who did it" Bella said. "They'll come after you. You know they would" I told him.

"I don't think they would. After all how much could yous mean to them if they left you hear unprotected" he said.

He goes over to Bella. "Victoria won't be happy about me killing you. But I can't help myself. I mean you're so mouth watering" he said.

I use all my strength to make a shield go around Bella. He flew off her and looked at me extremely annoyed while I smirk.

Laurent grabbed me by my throat and pinned me against the tree. "You're very powerful for a human" he told me.

"Bella go" I told her. "I can't let that happen" he said. "Well you won't hurt her as long as I'm here" I told him. "I guess I have to change that" he said.

He threw me hard against a tree. I hit my head. "Now you die" he said and he came towards me with a smirk.

Suddenly he stopped. "I- I don't believe it" he said. I looked to see the wolves. "Thank god" I whispered to myself.

Laurent ran and the wolves chased him a silver/grey one at front. I knew it was Paul. The Russet wolf, who I knew to be Jacob looked a Bella before running off.

Bella looked at me shocked and shaking. "Come on let's get you back home" I said but Bella was still shaking.

I sighed. If only I could tell her the truth it would make all our lives so much easier.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ** ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~