Chapter 42

"What would you like to eat?" Julia asked Grace while she was driving and listening to music.

"I think, a hamburguer with everything.  What about you?"

"I was thinking, I could buy some groceries and we could cook our dinner at home, by the pool.  What do you think?"

Grace smiled.

"It's a good idea, let's do that."

"I'll buy some potatoes too, I would like to eat a baked potatoe with a green salad.  It's a healthy meal."

"It's good that you take good care of your health.  Aren't you sick, right?"

Julia laughed.

"No, sweety, I'm not sick, I'm very healthy.  I just want to watch my weight, that's all.  I want to be healthy and in a good shape.  Remember that at work I spend many hours sitting in a chair..."

"You are right.  I also spend many hours sitting in a chair at school, but I really don't like to eat healthy food, it doesn't taste so good..." Grace said making Julia giggle with her comment.  Grace way of seeing things was different, she always said something funny that made Julia laugh, Grace was definitely what her life was missing.  What they had together was really very special.

"It's okay, I understand, I think I was that way too when I had your age..." Julia said thinking.  Many happy memories came to her mind.  Memories of her when she was at college studying and eating junk food with her friends.  That wonderful life, when you don't have serious worries in life to solve.  When life seems to be like a constant party and you don't really care about what people think or say about you...  Yes, it was a wonderful time.  But every season in life had its wonderful things, like now, she had Grace in her life and Julia really couldn't imagine anything better than that.  Grace made her very happy and she was making Grace very happy too.  Julia remembered when she met Grace that rainy day, Grace seemed a bit different now, more happy and secure of herself, and that was good.  Julia looked at Grace with the corner of her eye and smiled.

"You say that as if you were very old, you are young like me, Jul," Grace said.  Julia laughed, she gently caressed Grace's cheek with her thumb.

"Thanks for that.  You always say something nice to me, I like that; you are so sweet.  I know I'm not so young anymore...  You'll understand when you have my age."

"That means that you feel old, you shouldn't.  You know?  I like you just the way you are."

"I know, sweety.  I like you too, just the way you are, you are a wonderful person, beautiful, smart, and with a great heart..."

Grace smiled.

They arrived to the grocery store and Julia parked her car close to the entrance.

"Would you like to go with me or do you prefer to wait here in the car?" Julia asked.

"I think I'll wait here," Grace said.

"Okay.  Is there something in special that you want from the store?"

"Chocolate ice cream," Grace said.  "And some dog biscuits for Princess."

"Okay, I'll be back as soon as I can."

Grace saw her walk to the store while she stayed there listening to music.  Like twenty minutes later Julia returned with the groceries, she saved them in the trunk of her car.

"Did I take too long?" Julia asked Grace when she was back in the car.

"No."

"Okay, let's go home now.  Would you like to stay tonight?"