Chapter 44

Julia was waiting impatiently for her job interview, she was a bit nervous, but confident, she was a good doctor.  She had nothing to fear.

This clinic seemed like a good place to work.  There were other people waiting.  Would she get the job?  She would know soon.

                         ***

Grace went to the kitchen with her backpack on her shoulder.  She poured some orange juice in a glass.  Then she took her pills.  She wasn't feeling better that morning.  She wondered how Jul would be.  Would she still be with Victoria?  Victoria was so beautiful...  Grace knew that she shouldn't compare herself with Victoria.

It seemed that Victoria wanted to be back in Jul's life; incredibly, after all this years...  Victoria was beautiful, elegant, sophisticated, intelligent, she had a lot in common with Jul, she was an independent woman, and she was even sexy...  Victoria certainly had it all.  Not to mention her profession.

Jul loved Victoria so much in the past, could she resist the temptation now?  Grace wasn't so sure about it.

"Good morning, Grace.  Feeling better this morning?"

"Good morning, Gabe."

"Are you going to your college today?"

"That's right.  I have classes today."

"I see."  Gabe was observing Grace, like studying her.

"What is it, Gabe?"  Grace asked visibly annoyed.

"Nothing.  Are you sure that you are okay?" Gabe insisted.

Grace frowned.

"If I tell you, would you leave me alone?"

Gabe nodded.

"It's just that I know that something is wrong, something is definitely bothering you and you don't want to talk about it.  I bet if I were George you would tell me what's bothering you.  You just don't trust me.  Do you know how that makes me feel?" Gabe said a bit dramatic.

"Okay, Mr. Sensitive, but you have to promise me to not say anything about this to anyone, okay?  Especially dad.  I know that you are dad's spy, and I don't like that, and I'm not stupid, Gabe..."

"I know.  Okay, I promise.  Tell me, what's bothering you?  Maybe I can help..."

"I doubt it.  My girlfriend and I had a fight...  That's all," Grace whispered.

"I see, I'm sorry.  That's terrible.  What happened?"

"She is seeing her ex, and she's been lying to me, you know how much I hate lies..."

"Yes, I know.  But what are you going to do?"

"They kissed and hugged in front of me, she said that it's just a terrible misunderstanding, but she's been lying to me, I don't think she is taking me or our relationship seriously."

"Wow!  You are right, this is serious, and you have all the right to feel angry and sad.  Are you going to leave her?"

"I don't know what to do...  I love her, it's just not so easy for me to leave her and forget about her.  But that's probably what I should do...  If she keep behaving like this the best thing I should do is leave her."

"I'm sorry, Grace, really, I'm so sorry..."

Grace really hated when people pity her.

"I have to go now.  I'll see you later, I don't want to be late."

"Okay, have a nice day, Grace, if that's possible, of course...  Take care, and drive safely."

It was good that Gabe didn't know who her girlfriend was.  Grace remembered when Julia began to go out with her father, Julia had the reputation of playing with people feelings.  Julia just didn't care about what people felt for her, like in Grace's father's case.  Julia was a bit selfish.