Chapter 11

Julia turned her head to look at Grace in the eye, there was something about the way Julia was looking at her; that deep gaze.  Julia's gaze made Grace nervous.  Suddenly Grace felt like as if her decision of going there with Abby was wrong, very wrong.  Grace began to regret going there with Abby.  What would Julia think of her now?  Well, it didn't matter, they were not together anyway.  Of course they weren't together!  What a silly thought.

What was Julia doing there?  Why was Julia asking her questions?  Julia wasn't her mother, and Grace was free to do whatever she wanted.

"What are you doing here, Grace?  I thought you said you were straight.  Are you or aren't you?"

Grace gulped.  She didn't like Julia's tone of voice, it sounded as if she was scolding her more than just asking her.  Was Julia mad at her?  Why?

"Abby called me today, she invited me here to dance, we've just arrived.  You brought me here to dance too once.  Remember?  There's nothing wrong with that, and Abby knows I'm straight, that doesn't bother her."  And why she answered Julia's questions?  She was an adult woman and she really didn't have to answer Julia's questions.  But Grace felt the need to explain everything to Julia, she didn't want more misunderstandings between them.  Grace also didn't want Julia to hate her.  That only would hurt Grace, and Grace knew that very well.

"Hi, I'm Abby," Abby said trying to sound friendly.  "You must be Grace's future stepmother, right?"

Julia frowned, she didn't like how that sounded, it made her seem older.  Who told Abby that, Grace?  Had Grace called her her future stepmother?  Julia looked at Grace  with confussion, Grace blushed, then she looked at Abby.  Who seemed very amused by the situation.

"No, actually, I'm just a friend of Grace, it happens that I work with Grace's father, that's all.  Grace father and I are not a couple, and Grace knows that; I think you are confused.  I'm Julia by the way."

"Oh, okay, Julia.  Nice to meet you.  What are you doing here?"

"Probably the same that you two, I saw Grace and I wanted to say hi."

"Are you here alone?" Grace asked casually.  She didn't want to sound nosy or jealous, but she was really curious.

"Yes."

"Well, in that case why don't you join us?" Grace said.

"Okay," Julia said immediately and she sat down at Grace's side.  Abby didn't seem very happy, the amused smile she had on her face disappeared.

"You don't mind, right, Abby?" Grace said looking at Abby.  Abby bit her lower lip so hard that she thought it would bleed.

"No, of course not, dear.  I don't mind."

"Great!" Grace said.  It was good to have Julia at her side, it made her feel safe and happy.  Grace knew that she would never meet again another woman so special like Julia White, Julia was unique, that she would never feel with another woman the same way she felt with Julia.  Grace took a sip of her lemon soda thinking.  Suddenly, Julia took her hand, this surprised Grace.  Her hands and her touch were so soft, it left a nice sensation on Grace's hand.

"Let's go dance," Julia said.  Grace obediently followed her.

Julia was wearing black pants, very tight, the pants molded her perfect figure showing the beauty of her body, for a moment Grace stared at Julia's butt, Julia would look really great in a red bikini, and Grace couldn't believe what she was doing.  What was this woman doing to her?  She had never in her life stared at a woman's butt before.  What was wrong with her?  She knew that she wasn't like that, that wasn't her.  She had to avoid Julia from now on, definitely.  Julia was slowly turning her into something she really wasn't.